HAICTA 2017 : 8th International Conference on Information & Communication Technologies in Agriculture, Food and Environment
Call For Papers
8th International Conference on
Information & Communication Technologies in Agriculture,
Food and Environment
September 21-24, 2017, Chania, Crete, Greece
Conference website: 2017.haicta.gr
NEW DR. Claus Aage Grøn Sørensen will be the Keynote Speaker: "ICT Innovations and Smart Farming"
The Conference is co-organized by the Hellenic Association for Information and Communication Technologies in Agriculture, Food and Environment (HAICTA) and the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania (MAICh) in cooperation with a number of Institutions:
• Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
• Alexander Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki, Greece
• University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece
• Technological Educational Institute of Western Macedonia, Greece
• Agricultural University of Athens, Greece
• Technical University of Crete, Greece
HAICTA is the Greek Branch of the European Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture (EFITA). Until now HAICTA has organized a series of seven successful international conferences.
HAICTA 2017 aims to bring together professionals, experts and researchers working on Information and Communication Technologies in Agriculture, Food and Environment. We additionally aim to emphasize on the applicability of ICT solutions to real industry cases and the respective challenges.
We accept submissions in all areas of ICT in Agriculture, Food and the Environment including but not limited to:
● Information Systems
● Web Applications
● Database Systems and Data Mining
● Decision Support Systems
● Innovations in Food Hygiene and the Production of High Quality Food
● Quality Assurance and Certification of Innovative Food Products
● E-Business, E-Commerce, E-Sales, E-Marketing and E-Services
● Innovative Uses of Agricultural By-products and Waste Management
● Traceability Systems
● Innovation in Short Value Chains in Rural Areas
● Modeling and Simulation in Climate Change
● Water Resources Management
● Environmental Design and Policy
● Environmental Impact Assessment
● Epidemics Modelling
● Internet of Things, Sensor, RFID and Mobile/Wireless Network Applications
● Precision Farming Systems, Variable Rate Technologies
● Farm and Animal Health Monitoring and Data Recording Systems
● Efficient Irrigation Technologies and Water Quality Monitoring
● Fish Health and Product Quality Monitoring in Aquaculture
● Genomics and Biotechnologies in Genetic Improvement
● Diffusion of Innovation in Rural Areas
● E-networking, Collective Actions and E-governance in Rural Areas
● E-learning, Interactive Systems and Web-based Farmer Education
● ICT and Innovation in the Promotion of Rural Areas and Alternative Tourism
● Wood Technology and Wood Products
● Wildfire Risk Assessment
● Information Systems and Wildlife Management & Protection
● Spatial Analysis, Landscape Planning and GIS-based Analysis
● Supply Chain Management & Logistics
Types of Submission
Type of Submission Length of Paper Type of Presentation
Full Paper 6 pages min. - 12 pages max. Oral
Poster 3 pages min. - 6 pages max. Poster
Doctoral Consortium 3 pages min. - 10 pages max. Oral
Industry Paper 3 pages min. - 10 pages max. Demo - Oral
Short Paper 3 pages min. - 6 pages max. Oral
All papers will be reviewed through a fully electronic peer review process by at least two referees. Final acceptance will be based on the review of the paper submission. Paper submissions will be handled by an ONLINE SUBMISSION SYSTEM that has been set up for HAICTA 2017.
All accepted papers and posters will be published in the conference proceedings which will be deposited online in the CEUR workshop proceedings publication service, from where they will be permanently available and citable. After the Conference, selected papers will be invited to be significantly modified and reconsidered for special issues of scientific journals and one collective volume that will be published in Springer CCIS, "Communications in Computer and Information Science" conference series.
April 24, 2017
Submissions due (for every type of submission: full research and short papers, posters, doctoral consortium, industry papers).
May 27, 2017
Notification of acceptance for all submissions.
July 03, 2017
Camera Ready Paper Submission.
21-24 September, 2017
Conference in Chania, Crete, Greece.
We invite proposals for tutorials to be held during the conference. Proposals should be submitted electronically by March 30, 2017 to scientific committee chairs. A summary of the tutorials will be published in the conference proceedings. Please check the Conference website for the list of tutorials.
For any further information you can contact the conference secretariat at email@example.com or the program chairs.