UWA 2009 : International Workshop on Ubiquitous Web Applications
Call For Papers
UWA|2009 - International Workshop on Ubiquitous Web Applications
in conjunction with:
11th International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services (iiWAS2009)
7th International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia (MoMM2009)
14-16 December, 2009, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
* August 1, 2009: Full paper submission
* October 2, 2009: Camera-Ready Papers and Early-Bird Registration
* December 14-16, 2009: Workshop Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
SCOPE OF WORKSHOP
E-commerce and m-commerce have dramatically boosted the demand for web applications and web services which enable ubiquitous access. Ubiquity offers new opportunities in terms of time-aware, loca-tion-aware, device-aware and personalized services not only extending traditional web applications but even offering new kinds of application scenarios like tourism information systems and healthcare. The unique character of ubiquitous web applications puts forward new challenges with respect to their development requiring a holistic view on the issue of ubiquity. During the past 10 years, academia has provided various development approaches for web applications in general and ubiquitous web applica-tions in specific, each aiming at counteracting technology-driven and ad-hoc development. However, further work towards methodological and engineering principles for developing ubiquitous web applica-tions along the whole life cycle, backed up by appropriate real-world case studies is desirable, paving the way to a broader adoption of these approaches in industry.
The goal of UWA|2009 is therefore to provide an international forum for scientists, engineers, and in-dustry to address recent research results and to discuss their ideas and experiences on all theoretical and practical issues arising in the field of ubiquitous web applications. UWA|2009 aims at supplementing other conferences and workshops in the fields of context-awareness and web engineering by its distinct focus on engineering, technology and empirical aspects of ubiquitous web applications.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Pursuing the overall goal, the workshop program will include peer reviewed technical papers around, but not limited to, the following topics:
Engineering Aspects of Ubiquitous Web Applications
* Model-driven development methodologies and domain specific languages (DSLs)
* Generic, domain-, and application-specific context models and adaptivity modelling
* Bridging conceptual design and implementation
* Frameworks and architectures
Technology Aspects of Ubiquitous Web Applications
* Integration of context sources and context models
* Employment of semantic web technologies for context-awareness
* Ubiquity through aspect-oriented techniques
* Exploitation of Web 2.0 techniques
Empirical Aspects of Ubiquitous Web Applications
* Experience reports on the (model-driven) development of ubiquitous web applications
* Reference examples and usability studies
* Systematic evaluations of development methods
* Evaluation metrics and evaluation criteria
UWA|2009 papers will be published together with iiWAS2009 and MoMM 2009 by ACM Digital Library and Austrian Computer Society (OCG) as printed proceedings (books@ocg book series).
Authors of distinguished papers will be invited to submit an extended version to a special issue of the International Journal of Web Information Systems.
Submitted papers should not exceed 10 pages and must follow the OCG guidelines. In order to submit your paper please send an email to email@example.com with the electronic version (PDF) attached. An email will be sent indicating that the submission has been received in good order.
Submitted papers, however, must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings. They will be blindly peer reviewed by at least three members of the international program committee and carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition.
Please note that accepted papers can only be included in the proceedings if at least one author has registered for the conference. Please remember that after notification of acceptance only a short time for early-bird registration will be available.
You may find here a electronic version of the CfP.
* Wieland Schwinger, Johannes Kepler Uni Linz, Austria
* Werner Retschitzegger, University of Vienna, Austria
* Gustavo Rossi, La Plata National University, Argentina
* Vincente Pellechano, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
* Luciano Baresi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
* Alessandro Bianchi, Università di Bari, ITA
* Cristina Cachero, Universidad de Alicante, Spain
* Sven Casteleyn, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
* Sara Comai, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
* Alexandra Cristea, University of Warwick, UK
* Valeria De Castro, Rey Juan Carlos University, ES
* Olga De Troyer, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
* Fernando Sánchez Figueroa, Universidad de Extremadura, Spain
* Piero Fraternali Politecnico di Milano, Italy
* Martin Gaedke, Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany
* Irene Garrigós, Universidad de Alicante, Spain
* Franca Garzotto, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
* Athula Ginige, University of Western Sydney, Australia
* Paul Grünbacher, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
* Geert-Jan Houben, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
* Gerti Kappel, Technical University of Vienna, Austria
* Nora Koch, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany
* Luis Olsina, University La Pampa, Argentina
* Alfredo Milani, University of Perugia, ITA
* San Murugesan, University of Western Sydney, AUS
* Oscar Pastor Lopez, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
* Alfonso Pierantonio, Università degli Studi di L'Aquila, Italy
* Werner Retschitzegger, Johannes Kepler Uni Linz, Austria
* Marco Ronchetti, Università di Trento, Italy
* Gustavo Rossi, La Plata National University, Argentina
* Wieland Schwinger, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
* Lorna Uden, Staffordshire University, UK
* Antonio Vallecillo, Universidad de Málaga, Spain
The iiWAS 2009 is endorsed by the International Organisation for Information Integration and Web-based Applications and Services (@WAS) and will be held in conjunction with the Sixth International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia (MoMM'2009).
Wieland Schwinger Workshop Co-Chair
Johannes Kepler University Linz
Altenberger Straße 69,
Phone: +43 (0)70 / 2468 - 9260