ICANN 2017 : International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks 2017
Conference Series : International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks
Call For Papers
The International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks (ICANN) is the annual flagship conference of the European Neural Network Society (ENNS). In 2017, the 26th ICANN will be organised from the 11th to the 15th of September 2017 in Alghero/Sassari, Sardinia, Italy. Conference proceedings will be published in Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
Special session / workshop proposals: 15 January 2017
Proposals for competitions and tutorials: 31 January 2017
Submission of demonstration proposals: 1 March 2017
Submission of abstracts and papers: 19 March 2017
Notification of acceptance: 30 April 2017
Camera-ready paper and registration: 15 May 2017
Conference dates: 11 - 15 September 2017
ICANN 2017 will feature the main tracks Brain Inspired computing and Machine Learning research, with strong cross-disciplinary interactions and applications. All research fields dealing with Neural Networks will be present at the conference.
A non-exhaustive list of topics includes:
• Brain Inspired Computing: Cognitive models, Computational Neuroscience, Self-organization, Reinforcement Learning, Neural Control and Planning, Hybrid Neural-Symbolic Architectures, Neural Dynamics, Recurrent Networks, Deep Learning.
• Machine Learning: Neural Network Theory, Neural Network Models, Graphical Models, Bayesian Networks, Kernel Methods, Generative Models, Information Theoretic Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Relational Learning, Dynamical Models.
• Neural Applications for: Intelligent Robotics, Neurorobotics, Language Processing, Image Processing, Sensor Fusion, Pattern Recognition, Data Mining, Neural Agents, Brain-Computer Interaction, Neural Hardware, Evolutionary Neural Networks.
- To bring together researchers from two worlds: Information Sciences and Neurosciences
- To keep a wide scope, ranging from Machine Learning Algorithms to models of real nervous systems
- To facilitate discussions and interactions in the effort towards developing more intelligent computational systems and increasing our understanding of neural and cognitive processes in the brain.
- To help researchers to meet, mingle and network with colleagues from all over the world.
- To be the meeting point between research and business.
- To be a global interdisciplinary meeting encompassing Machine Learning and Neural Computation.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE CONFERENCE
- A solid cutting-edge scientific programme including talks from the world experts in the field of artificial neural networks.
- A conference schedule tailored to encourage interaction between the attendees, with time for networking and discussion.
- The publication of all accepted contributions in the peer-reviewed book of conference proceedings, in the Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
- The opportunity to vote and to be considered for the best paper awards, presented during the final ceremony of ICANN.
- A top-level conference in the field with a reasonable registration fee, thanks to the not-for-profit policy of the ENNS organisation. Students can apply for ENNS funded travel grants to attend.
- An overly attractive conference location in the beautiful setting of the Sardinian coast, with social events to explore the area. http://www.alghero-turismo.it/en/
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES
Early registration fees have been kept particularly low for this kind of event because ENNS and ICANN aim at full implementation of the academic not-for-profit policy.
Undergraduate students (Bachelor and Master level): 100 EUR
PhD Students: 240 EUR
Regular delegates: 290 EUR
ENNS members have a reduction of 40 EUR
Students can apply for ENNS funded travel grants to attend (see the conference website).
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTED SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATIONS
All scientific communications presented at ICANN 2017 will be reviewed and scientifically evaluated by a panel of experts. The conference will feature three categories of communications:
- oral communications (15'+5')
- poster communications (on permanent display and 2 hours presentation)
Authors willing to present original contributions for any category must submit a manuscript of maximum 8 pages length that will be refereed to international standards by at least three referees. Accepted papers of contributing authors will be published in Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. Selected papers will be invited after the conference for a full journal paper submission.
Authors willing to present a contribution for oral communications and posters without submitting a full manuscript must submit a 1-page abstract that will also be refereed by at least three referees. The abstracts will be published all together in a proceedings section without an author index.
In case of program constraints the priority will be given to original contributions accompanied by a full paper submission.
WORKSHOPS, SPECIAL SESSIONS, DEMONSTRATIONS, COMPETITION PROPOSALS and TUTORIALS
ICANN 2017 invites proposals for workshops, special sessions, demonstrations, competitions and tutorials to be held during the conference. For more information, please refer to the website.
BEST PAPER AWARDS
ENNS will sponsor several best paper awards, in the Brain Inspired Computing track and in the Machine Learning research track. All awardees will be presented during the final ceremony.
General Chair: Alessandro E.P. Villa
General Co-chairs: Alessandra Lintas, Věra Kůrková, Stefano Rovetta, Paul F.M.J. Verschure
Local Co-chairs: Eugenio Lintas, Anna Mura
Program and Workshop Committee: Cesare Alippi, Jérémie Cabessa, Barbara Hammer, Petia Koprinkova-Hristova, Jaako Peltonen, Antonio J. Pons, Yifat Prut, Stefano Rovetta, Igor V. Tetko, Paul F.M.J. Verschure, Alessandro E.P. Villa, Francisco Zamora-Martinéz
Communications Chair: Paolo Masulli
Università degli Studi di Sassari, Italy
University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain
ENNS Secretariat, Switzerland