AIR 2017 : Advances in Robotics: 3rd International Conference of Robotics Society of India
Call For Papers
Advances in Robotics (AIR) is a series of biennial conferences organized by the Robotics Society of India. The conference presents a forum to present work done and exchange new ideas in the fields of robotics and its applications by researchers and developers from India and abroad. The conference incorporates plenary talks by eminent researchers, oral and poster presentations, and special industry oriented sessions. Conference information and registration is at http://www.advancesinrobotics.com
AIR 2017, will be held at IIT Delhi, New Delhi, during June 28-July 2, 2017. The previous two editions of AIR’s were held at R&DE, DRDO Pune (AIR 2013) and BITS Pilani Goa Campus, Goa (AIR 2015).
The organizers of the conference invite unpublished research work in the following fields of Robotics (representative and non-exhaustive):
* Kinematics, dynamics, control and simulation of autonomous intelligent systems
* Design of robotic mechanisms
* Man-machine interface and integration
* Robotics-related computer hardware, software, and architectures
* Vision and other non-contact sensory systems
* Tactile and other contact sensory technology
* Active sensory processing and control
* Machine learning and artificial intelligence for robotics
* Medical and Assistive Robotics
* Bio-mimetic and Bio-inspired Robotic Systems
* Swarm Robotics
* Navigation of Unmanned vehicles – ground, aerial, underwater
* Humanoid Robots
* Safe Robots
* Robotic Hand
* Virtual Reality & Haptics
The authors have to follow ACM format of double column, within a 6 page limit. The submitted papers will be peer-reviewed to determine acceptance. The accepted papers, after incorporation of reviewer’s comments, will be published by ACM [Associate for Computing Machinery] as proceeding.
During the conference, plenary talks will be delivered by the following international experts from the field of robotics:
* Prof. Peter Corke, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
* Prof. Nancy Amato, Texas A&M University, USA
* Prof. Burkhard Corves, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
A full day during the conference is dedicated to workshop and/or tutorials will be held in parallel, in robotics topics. Those interested in offering workshops/tutorials may please contact the organizing committee.
A symposium will be held involving presentation from PhD students working in all areas of robotics. It would provide an opportunity to showcase their ongoing research work and interact with experts in the field for feedback.
* Full Paper Submission Deadline: Feb 1, 2017
* Announcement of paper acceptance: April 10, 2017
* Camera Ready Version: May 5, 2017
* Doctoral Symposium Abstracts Deadline: May 5, 2017
* Doctoral Symposium acceptance: May 25, 2017
* Conference Dates: June 28- July 2, 2017
* Prof. Santanu Chaudhury, IIT Delhi
* Prof. Seth Hutchinson, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
* Prof. Subir K. Saha, IIT Delhi
* Prof. Sudipto Mukherjee, IIT Delhi
* Prof. Tomohiro Shibata, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan
More details about the conference at http://www.advancesinrobotics.com
We look forward for your active participation in AIR2017.