TAPEMS 2017 : TAPEMS 2017: 2nd Intl. Workshop on Theoretical Approaches to Performance Evaluation, Modeling and Simulation
Call For Papers
Call for Papers for the 2nd International Workshop on Theoretical Approaches to Performance Evaluation, Modeling and Simulation (TAPEMS 2017).
The workshop will be organized by the University of Extremadura, the University Carlos III and the University College Dublin, and will be held by the IEEE/ACM CCGrid 2017 conference.
The workshop is organized in cooperation with NESUS (Networks for Sustainable Ultrascale Computing) eCost Action.
Venue & Dates:
Madrid, Spain, May 14th-17th, 2017
Introduction and scope:
Performance and an aspect of it, energy efficiency, has become a key issue in both high performance and embedded computing. The objective of the 2nd TAPEMS International Workshop on Theoretical Approaches to Performance Evaluation, Modeling and Simulation is to bring together researchers and practitioners from academia and industry to discuss current advances and trends in theoretical approaches to the performance evaluation, modeling and analysis of parallel applications and algorithms on multicore clusters and heterogeneous platforms, including simulation. Three main areas are considered:
1. Performance modeling and evaluation. We pursue contributions on methodologies, metrics, formalisms and tools for the performance prediction and analysis of any subsystem of current machines, such as processor, communications, memory and I/O.
2. Modeling energy efficiency of communication runtimes. Power is considered the major impediment in designing the next-generation exascale systems, particularly affected by the cost of the communications. Current communication performance models as LogGP predict communication completion times. We look for links between communication performance modeling in terms of both time and consumed energy.
3. Heterogeneous computing systems. Submissions in this area are encouraged to model workload and communication in order to optimize energy and performance in heterogeneous computing.
The list of topics for this workshop include (but not limited to):
- Performance modeling, prediction and optimization of parallel algorithms and applications.
- Performance modeling and evaluation of communications in parallel applications.
- Theoretical strategies, methodologies and application of the theoretical aspects to the improvement of the performance.
- Performance analysis of parallel architectures and applications.
- Performance modeling and simulation of parallel algorithms and applications on heterogeneous systems.
- Performance modeling, prediction and optimization of communications, algorithms and applications on heterogeneous systems.
- Theoretical and practical approaches for load balancing on heterogeneous platforms.
- Performance evaluation and modeling of big data techniques.
- Theoretical and practical approaches to reduce the energy consumption in parallel systems.
- Modeling, prediction and measurement of energy consumption on parallel platforms.
- Modeling and analysis of energy consumption in relation to performance.
- Benchmarking and simulation of energy consumption in parallel applications on parallel and heterogeneous architectures.
- Application of the models to applications in different scientific fields.
Submission and publication information:
All papers need to be submitted electronically through the CCGrid 2017 conference website (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ccgrid2017) with PDF format. Note that you must select the track: “TAPEMS 2017: International Workshop in Theoretical Approaches to Performance Evaluation, Modeling and Simulation” at the beginning of the submission procedure. Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings. Papers must be clearly presented in English, and may not exceed 10 letter-size (8.5 x 11) pages including all figures, tables and references using the IEEE format for conference proceedings.
All papers presented at the TAPEMS workshop of the IEEE/ACM CCGrid 2017 will be submitted to IEEE Xplore for publication and EI indexing, and published in the conference proceedings..
Paper Submission Deadline: December 24th, 2016
Author Notification: January 15th, 2017
Camera-Ready Paper Due: February 15th, 2017
Conference Dates: May 14th-17th, 2017
Please, email inquiries concerning the workshop to Juan A. Rico (email@example.com), of the University of Extremadura.