EuroMPI/USA 2017 : The 24th European MPI Users' Group Meeting
Call For Papers
EuroMPI is the preeminent meeting for users, developers and researchers to interact and discuss new developments and applications of message-passing parallel computing, in particular in and related to the Message Passing Interface (MPI).
EuroMPI/USA 2017 will continue to focus on not just MPI, but also extensions or alternative interfaces for high-performance homogeneous/heterogeneous/hybrid systems, benchmarks, tools, parallel I/O, fault tolerance, and parallel applications using MPI and other interfaces. Through the presentation of contributed papers, poster presentations and invited talks, attendees will have the opportunity to share ideas and experiences to contribute to the improvement and furthering of message-passing and related parallel programming paradigms.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Implementation Issues
- MPI implementation issues and improvements towards exascale computing, such as manycores, GPGPU, and heterogeneous architectures.
- Interaction between message-passing software and hardware, in particular new high-performance architectures.
- New MPI-IO mechanisms and I/O stack optimizations.
* Programming Models
- Extensions to and shortcomings of MPI.
- Hybrid and heterogeneous programming with MPI and other interfaces.
- MPI support for data-intensive parallel applications.
- Fault tolerance in message-passing implementations and systems.
- New programming paradigms implemented over MPI, like hierarchical programming and global address spaces
- MPI parallel programming in clouds.
* Applications and Performance
- Performance evaluation for MPI and MPI-based applications.
- Automatic performance tuning of MPI applications and implementations.
- Verification of message-passing applications and protocols.
- Applications using message passing, in particular in computational science and scientific computing.
- Parallel algorithms in the message-passing paradigm.
- MPI applications performance on clouds.
Full paper submission due: May 1, 2017
Authors notification: June 26, 2017
Camera-ready papers due: July 20, 2017
Conference dates: September 25-28, 2017
To be considered, your paper must be formatted according to the ACM SIG Proceedings Template and up to 10 pages in length. The page limit includes figures, tables, and appendices, but does not include references, for which there is no page limit. Margins and font sizes should not be modified. Style files can be found at:
Authors should submit their work through the Euro MPI 2017 Submission Site:
Journal Special Issue
Select papers will be invited to submit revised and extended versions to be considered for inclusion in an invitation-only special issue of the Elsevier Parallel Computing journal. The extended version of the paper must have at least 30% additional content compared to the version published at EuroMPI/USA 2017.
Pavan Balaji, Argonne National Laboratory
William Gropp, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Rajeev Thakur, Argonne National Laboratory
Kathryn Mohror, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Jesper Larsson Träff, Vienna University of Technology
Antonio J. Peña, Barcelona Supercomputing Center
The full list of the EuroMPI/USA 2017 Program Committee can be found in: