HSP 2017 : Healthy and Secure People
Call For Papers
The International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies for Ageing Well and e-Health aims to be a meeting point for those that study and apply information and communication technologies for improving the quality of life of the elderly and for helping people stay healthy, independent and active at work or in their community along their whole life. ICT4AWE facilitates the exchange of information and dissemination of best practices, innovation and technical improvements in the fields of age-related health care, education, social coordination and ambient assisted living. From e-Health to intelligent systems, and ICT devices, this will be a point of interest for all those that work in research and development and in companies involved in promoting the well-being of aged people.
HSP is an inter-disciplinary research area, which is focused on using scientific models, methodologies and technologies for enhancing human quality of life. In the next seven years 25% of EU citizens will be over the age of 60. An aging population opens a considerable sort of concerns, namely: understanding health, wellbeing and disease; preventing and diagnosing disease; treating and managing disease; active ageing and self-management of health; methods and knowledge; health care provision and integrated care.
Following a person-centered approach, it deals directly with individuals and groups of individuals. The main goal of this workshop is contribute to the development of new approaches and enabling technologies that will enhance human quality of life, leading to healthier, innovation and secure societies.
The contributions should be person-centered and they should be in accordance with the thematic strand "Healthy and Secure People": http://algoritmi.uminho.pt/ts-healthy/.
In this workshop we are looking for scientific contributions on the following topics, but are not limited to:
• Ambient intelligence for wellbeing and e-health applications, supported by RFID technology and Wireless Sensor Networks;
• Artificial Intelligence systems;
• Business Intelligence Solutions;
• eGovernment solutions to the citizen;
• Health care information systems interoperability, security and efficiency;
• Human factors, efficient cost control and management in society;
• Innovation in people supporting activities (e.g. health care, schooling and services).
• Intelligent decision support and data systems in health care, medicine and society;
• Mobile applications and ubiquitous devices;
• People Security in the Society;
• Pervasive HealthCare;
• Robotic systems and devices for health care and medicine;
• Technologies to promote a healthy and secure society.
Submission and Paper Format
• Prospective authors are invited to submit papers in any of the topics listed above.
• Instructions for preparing the manuscript (in Word and Latex formats) are available at: Paper Templates
• Please also check the Guidelines.
• Papers should be submitted electronically via the web-based submission system at: http://www.insticc.org/Primoris
Publication and Indexing
After thorough reviewing by the workshop program committee complemented by members of the main conference program committee, all accepted papers will be published in a special section of the conference proceedings book - under an ISBN reference and on CD-ROM support.
All papers presented at the conference venue will be available at the SCITEPRESS Digital Library (http://www.scitepress.org/DigitalLibrary/) and they will be indexed in Scopus, ISI and DBLP databases.
SCITEPRESS is a member of CrossRef (http://www.crossref.org/) and every paper is given a DOI (Digital Object Identifier).
• Paper Submission: January 24, 2017
• Authors Notification: February 9, 2017
• Camera Ready and Registration: February 23, 2017
Manuel Filipe Santos – Centro ALGORITMI, University of Minho, Portugal
José Machado – Centro ALGORITMI, University of Minho, Portugal
António Abelha – Centro ALGORITMI, University of Minho, Portugal
Carlos Filipe Portela – University of Minho, Portugal
Anastasius Moumtzoglou - European Society for Quality in Healthcare, Greece
Follow us in https://www.facebook.com/intelisysds/