PAAMS 2017 : 15th International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
Conference Series : Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
Call For Papers
Research on Agents and Multi-Agent Systems has matured during the last decade and many effective applications of this technology are now deployed. PAAMS provides an international forum to present and discuss the latest scientific developments and their effective applications, to assess the impact of the approach, and to facilitate technology transfer. PAAMS started as a local initiative, but has since grown to become the international yearly platform to present, to discuss, and to disseminate the latest developments and the most important outcomes related to real-world applications. It provides a unique opportunity to bring multi-disciplinary experts, academics and practitioners together to exchange their experience in the development and deployment of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems. PAAMS intends to bring together researchers and developers from industry and the academic world to report on the latest scientific and technical advances on the application of multi-agent systems, to discuss and debate the major issues, and to showcase the latest systems using agent based technology. It will promote a forum for discussion on how agent-based techniques, methods, and tools help system designers to accomplish the mapping between available agent technology and application needs. Other stakeholders should be rewarded with a better understanding of the potential and challenges of the agent-oriented approach.
Special Topic of the 2017 edition:
Cyber-Physical Multi-Agent Systems
• Agent-based simulation and prediction
• Distributed problem solving
• Agent cooperation and negotiation
• Agent societies and social networks
• Real-time multi-agent systems
• Human agent interaction, user interfaces
• Adaptation, learning and personalization
• Reputation, trust, privacy and security
• Agent engineering and development tools
• Evaluation, ethical and legal issues
• Information recovery and information systems
• Knowledge management and data intensive systems
• Intelligent control and manufacturing systems
• Embodied agents and autonomous systems
• Multi-robot systems and real world robotics
• Internet softbots and web intelligence
• Virtual agents, animation and games
• Pervasive agents and ambient intelligence
• E-learning and educational systems
• User-centered applications and assisting agents
Accepted papers will be included in PAAMS 2017 proceedings, published by Springer.
VENUE: Polytechnic of Porto. Porto, is the second-largest city in Portugal, and one of the major urban areas in Southwestern Europe. It was considered the best destination in Europe and the 3rd in the world by Tripadvisor choice awards 2015.
Paper submission: 30 January 2017
Acceptance Notification: 13 March 2017
Final version submission: 27 March 2017
PAAMS 2017 in collaboration with the GECAD (gecad.isep.ipp.pt) offers 40 grants/awards to doctoral and young doctors both to the event itself (including Workshops and Special Sessions) and to the parallel Co-located events.
More information: http://www.paams.net/open-calls/call-for-grants-awards
IBM Demonstration Award
The best demo paper in PAAMS'17 will be awarded with 2.000€ and a diploma.
An extended and improved versión of the demo paper will be published in the Advances in Distributed Computing and Artificial Intelligence (ADCAIJ) journal.
More information: http://www.paams.net/open-calls/call-for-demostration
Yves Demazeau, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, France
Paul Davidsson, Malmö University, Sweden
Zita A.Vale, Polytechnic of Porto, Portugal
Further information and submission: http://www.paams.net/
Sponsors: IBM and INDRA | Organizers: Polytechnic of Porto, CNRS, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid | Support from: AFIA, AEPIA and APIA
PAAMS 2017 is sponsored by IEEE System Man and Cybernetics Society Spain