BDAC 2016 : IEEE Big Data Analytics Competition
Call For Papers
IEEE Big Data Analytics Competition
Call for Participation
Data Science is all about the processes and methods to access and analyze data to gain insights for informed decision making. To promote the awareness and analytic technology of Big Data, the IEEE Big Data Initiative (BDI) is organizing a Data Analytics Competition. The competition will be held during CyberC 2016, October 13-14, Chengdu, China.
Competition Dataset and Questions
The competition requires participants to analyze and gain insight from the dataset provided. The dataset and questions will be provided on Monday, September 19, 2016. Their file locations will be announced on the CyberC 2016 home page http://www.cyberc.org/
Participation is open to conference registered attendees only. You could be either
• CyberC 2016: Registration Form: http://cyberc.org/page.asp?id=173, or
• Big Data Summit 2016: Ticket at http://www.cyberc.org/bigdata/ for two days (ticket with Oct. 13 & 14).
You may participate individually or as part of a team. To participate, sign up by Friday, September 30 by sending an email to Yegin Genc (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and Chi-Ming Chen (email@example.com) with the following information:
• Name or names if a team
• Affiliation (e.g. name of university or company)
• Email address(es)
• Competition category (professional or student)
• Do you have a paper accepted by CyberC 2016?
Evaluation and Awards
You are expected to present your findings to a judging panel of practitioners. Presentations will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
• Clarity and Relevance of Analysis
• Creative use of data
• Significance of findings
• Delivery of findings
Two awards will be given: 1) one winning professional or professional team will be awarded with US$1,000; 2) one winning student or student team will be awarded with US$500.
• Now – Registration for competition starts
• Monday, September 19 – Dataset and questions available
• Friday, September 30 – Registration for competition closes
• Friday, October 14 – Presentations
• Friday, October 14 – Awards presented in CyberC 2016 Banquet
IEEE Big Data Initiative http://bigdata.ieee.org/