ComNet-IoT 2017 : The 6th International Workshop on Computing and Networking for Internet of Things
Call For Papers
The 6th International Workshop on Computing and Networking for Internet of Things (ComNet-IoT 2017)
co-hosted with the 18th International Conference on Distributed Computing and Networking
4-7th January 2017
About the Workshop
Internet of Things (IoT) has been considered as an innovative and imminent information infrastructure enabling various machines, physical devices, and objects, denoted as things, to interact ubiquitously for environment sensing, information sharing and collaboration in intelligent and autonomous manner. Such technologies will act as a catalyst to the evolution of a new generation of services that will have a great impact on the social and technological eco-system. It can be envisaged that these next generation systems and services will encompass several domains such as e-Governance, Health Care, Transportation, Waste Management, Food Supply Chains, Energy & Utilities, Insurance etc. New technologies and applications built on top of them must be developed in order to fulfil this vision of Intelligent Infrastructure. IoT poses a number of new challenges and opportunities for computing, networking, data management and analytics due to the large scale and complexity of such systems, and heterogeneity of the things and networks, constrained by limited resources of the things and the network.
Encouraged by the good five successive years of ComNet-IoT in conjunction with ICDCN, the goal of CoMNet-IoT 2017 is to provide an inter-disciplinary platform for researchers to exchange ideas, present results, share experience, stimulate new research, and foster collaborations among researchers, professionals, and application developers on the various aspects of sensing, computing, networking, information and distributed systems technologies for IoT, including back-end infrastructure such as the Cloud. Topics of interests include but are not limited to the following areas related to IoT:
* Processing and Networking at Edge: Sensing and sensor signal processing, sensor networking protocols, energy harvesting and energy management, crowd-sourcing & participatory sensing
* Middleware: System and network architectures, middleware for heterogeneous sensors, devices & protocols, QoS provisioning, security issues: data confidentiality, integrity, network resilience, etc.
* Analytics: Data management and analytics: data-stream, sharing, mining etc, business/machine intelligence from sensor data, deep-learning and related problems, social network analysis in IoT
* Infrastructure: Big Data Storage, management and analysis, back-end (cloud based) infrastructure, distributed processing
* Applications: Novel application developments and case studies in energy, healthcare, logistics and transportation, manufacturing etc, human behaviour modelling, test-beds and field trials
Papers should be at most 6 pages, including title, abstract, figures and references, and not published or under review elsewhere. Papers should be prepared as per ACM conference proceedings format (please see http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates#aL1). Please submit your papers through EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=comnetiot2017). All accepted papers will be indexed in the ACM digital library.
Paper submission - 21st October 2016
Acceptance Notification - 10th November 2016
Camera-ready due - 28th November 2016