FITAT 2009 : The 2nd International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology, Applications and Tools
Call For Papers
************** FITAT 2009 : Call for Papers **************
The 2nd International Conference on
Frontiers of Information Technology, Applications and Tools(FITAT 2009)
To be conjunction with International Workshop on Data Mining Application : Bioinformatics and Medical Informaticts(DBMI 2009)
Cheongju, South Korea
22 - 23 October 2009
The Second International Conference on the Frontiers of Information Technology, Application and Tools (FITAT) is shaping up to be an annual conference to provide a platform for presentations and discussions of recent developments and future trends in Information Technology.
FITAT??09 is emerging as a leading forum in South Korea for IT professionals and researchers to discuss and present the latest research trends and results in the field of Information Technology (IT). FITAT 2009, first in its series, promises to be exciting event that will host leading IT researchers from across the globe and will provide opportunity to build international research collaborations.
The conference generally consists of technical presentations, panel discussions and posters.
The FITAT 2009 is composed of the DBMI 2009 and two sessions, which are will discuss the challenges facing information technology professionals with core database technologies, bio-medical informatics, sensor network technology and current IT applications.
( All will be held simultaneously, same location and dates: October 22-23 2009, Cheongju, South Korea)
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Core Database Technologies including database administration, indexing, performance tuning, query processing, etc
* E-commerce and Web services, Remote monitoring, Financial market analysis, Data warehousing and the semantic web, emerging object/web technologies, information economics
* Parallel and distributed data mining algorithms, Mining on data streams and Sensor Data, Spatial data mining, Text, video, multimedia data mining, Mining social network data, Data mining support for designing information systems
* IT integrated manufacturing, medical informatics, digital libraries, mobile computing and electronic commerce
* Bioinformatics, Genomics, and biometrics; Image interpretations
* Base disciplines of computer science, telecommunications, operations research, economics and cognitive sciences
* IT Applications: bioinformatics, E-commerce, Web, intrusion/fraud detection, finance, healthcare, marketing, telecommunications, etc
Paper submission due : 2009.07.10
Poster session abstract submission : 2009.08.07
Notification of acceptance : 2009.08.24
Early registration due : 2009.09.04
Camera ready due : 2009.09.21
FITAT 09: General Guidelines for Submission of Draft Papers Prospective authors are invited to submit their full paper, before the announced deadline. E-mail submissions in MS document or PDF formats (Formatting Instructions : DOC / PDF) are preferable (postal mailsubmissions are also fine.) Submit a full paper in English of at most 6 pages according to the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscripts Style: two columns, single-spaced, including figures and references. The details of the style are at http://www.computer.org/portal/site/cscps/
Notification of acceptance will be sent by e-mail on August 24, 2009 including guidelines for layout and submission of final accepted papers. Accepted papers will be published in full in the conference proceedings.
The length of the Camera-Ready papers (if accepted) will be limited to 6 (IEEE style) pages. Papers must not have been previously published or currently submitted for publication elsewhere. Note that as a condition of publication, at least one author of each accepted paper will be required to register for and present the paper at FITAT 2009.
Participants are invited to submit abstracts for the poster session. Abstract limited with one page - single space, font size of 10 to 12. All abstracts will be reviewed by the conference chair people and accepted based on the subject matter. Accepted abstracts from registered attendees ONLY will be included in the final program and presented in the exhibit hall. Space is limited. Poster board usable space at the meeting is 0.594 meters high by 0.841 meters wide (A1 format). The abstract deadline is August 07, 2009. All abstracts must be submitted electronically.
The first page of the draft paper should include:
- Title of the paper
- Name, affiliation, postal address, E-mail address, telephone number, and fax number for each author.
- The first page should also identify the name of the Contact Author and a maximum of 5 topical keywords that would best represent the content of the paper.
Papers will be evaluated for originality, significance, clarity, impact, and soundness. Each paper will be refereed by two experts in the field who are independent of the conference program committee. Lastly, the Camera-Ready papers will be reviewed by one member of the program committee.
Please Contact : JeongSeok Park
Chungju National University, South Korea
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : Computer Multimedia Dept. 72 Daehangno, Chungju, Chungbuk, 380-702 South Korea
Phone : (O) 82-43-841-5856