ICIBM 2016 : 2016 International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine
Call For Papers
The 2016 International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine (ICIBM 2016) will be held on December 8-10, 2016 in Houston, Texas, USA. You are invited to submit papers with unpublished original work describing recent advances on all aspects of Bioinformatics, Systems Biology and Intelligent Computing, including but not restricted to the following topics:
• Genomics and genetics, including integrative & functional genomics, genome evolution, Next generation sequencing data analysis, applications, and software and tools, Big data science including storage, analysis, modeling, visualization, and cloud, Precision medicine and translational bioinformatics, Drug discovery, design, and re-purposing, Proteomics, and protein structure prediction, molecular simulation and evolution, Image analysis and processing, Single cell sequencing data analysis.
• Machine learning, data mining, pattern recognition, and knowledge discovery, Natural language processing, literature mining, semantic ontology, and health informatics, Neural computing, kernel methods, feature selection/extraction, Evolutionary computing, swarm intelligence / optimization, ensemble methods, Manifold learning theory, artificial life and artificial immune, Biomedical Informatics general topics.
• Modeling and simulation of biological processes, pathways, and networks. Mathematical and quantitative models of cellular and multi-cellular systems, Multi-dimensional omics data integration, Synthetic biological systems, Metalobolomics, microbiome, and lipidomics, Self-organization in living systems (cells, organisms, swarms, ecosystems, etc.), Applications of systems biology approaches to biomedical studies.
Paper Submission and Publication:
Prospective authors are invited to submit unpublished work to ICIBM 2016. All papers and abstracts will be submitted through EasyChair Conference System. Detailed information is available through: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icibm20160
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed. The accepted papers of registered authors will be published in special issues of several journals, including BMC Genomics, BMC Systems Biology, BMC Bioinformatics, BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, and International Journal of Computational Biology and Drug Design. Authors need to prepare manuscripts in the format of the corresponding journal that they prefer.
Up to 20 travel awards are available to students/postdocs; awards will be granted through an NSF grant and certificates will be given to awardees.
• Deadline for paper submission: August 15, 2016
• Notification to authors of papers: September 15, 2016
• Notification to authors of highlight paper: October 1, 2016
• Deadline for abstract submission: September 24, 2016
• Notification to authors of abstracts: October 1, 2016
• Conference early registration: October 1, 2016
• Conference early registration deadline: October 31, 2016
• ICIBM conference: December 8-10, 2016
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: https://www.uth.edu/cph/icibm/