EvoMUSART 2017 : 6th International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Music, Sound, Art and Design
Call For Papers
The 6th International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Music, Sound, Art and Design (EvoMusArt) will be held in Amsterdam in 19-21 April 2017, as part of the evo* event. The main goal of EvoMusArt is to bring together researchers who are using computational intelligence techniques for artistic tasks such as visual art, music, architecture, video, digital games, poetry, or design. The conference gives researchers in the field the opportunity to promote, present and discuss ongoing work in the area.
NEWS: DEADLINE EXTENSION UNTIL 15th NOVEMBER!
! UPDATE: For the 20th year anniversary of the evostar conferences a website was made available with all the information on the EvoMUSART papers since 2003. Feel free to browse and bookmark:
Submission: 15 November 2016
Notification to authors: 9 January 2017
Camera-ready deadline: 25 January 2017
Evo*: 19-21 April 2017
We welcome submissions which use Computational Intelligence techniques (e.g. Evolutionary Computation, Artificial Life, Machine Learning, Swarm Intelligence) in the generation, analysis and interpretation of art, music, design, architecture and other artistic fields.
Submissions must be at most 16 pages long, in Springer LNCS format (instructions downloadable from http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0). Each submission must be anonymized for a double-blind review process and submitted to https://myreview.saclay.inria.fr/evomusart17/
The deadline for submission is 1 November 2016, and acceptance notification on 9 January 2017. Accepted papers will be presented orally or as posters at the event and included in the EvoMusArt proceedings published by Springer Verlag in a dedicated volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
Indicative topics include but are not limited to:
* Systems that create drawings, images, animations, sculptures, poetry, text, designs, webpages, buildings, etc.;
* Systems that create musical pieces, sounds, instruments, voices, sound effects, sound analysis, etc...;
* Systems that create artifacts such as game content, architecture, furniture, based on aesthetic and functional criteria;
* Systems that resort to computational intelligence to perform the analysis of image, music, sound, sculpture, or some other types of artistic object;
* Systems in which computational intelligence is used to promote the creativity of a human user;
* Theories or models of computational aesthetics;
* Computational models of emotional response, surprise, novelty;
* Representation techniques for images, videos, music, etc;
* Surveys of the current state-of-the-art in the area;
* New ways of integrating the user in the process (e.g. improvisation, co-creation, participation).
More information on the submission process and the topics of EvoMusArt 2017 can be found at http://www.evostar.org/2017/cfp_evomusart.php
We look forward to seeing you in Amsterdam in 2017!
The EvoMusArt 2017 organizers