CARE@AI 2016 : The 8th International Workshop on Collaborative Agents Research & Development (CARE) -- CARE for a Smarter Society
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 8th International Workshop on Collaborative Agents Research & Development (CARE) -- CARE for a Smarter Society
In conjunction with the 29th Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AI 2016), 6 December 2016, Wrest Point Hotel, Hobart, Australia
CARE workshop serie: http://www.care-workshops.org
CARE for a Smarter Society? aims to discuss computational models, social computing, and intelligence applied to practical solutions for a Smarter Society. We seek a research agenda to foment the idealisation of new technologies, integration of academia-industry research endeavours, and lead to new industry opportunities.
The discussion will focus on socially relevant topics like smart cities, education, health, citizen participation, disaster support, community engagement, social simulation, and others. The drive is to promote a scientific discussion addressing the gap between R&D around disruptive technologies -- e.g. Multi-Agent Systems, AI, Social Computing, Cognitive Computing, Human-Cantered IoT -- and practical applications to social issues. The discussion will revolve around the following topics (non-exhaustive list):
- Computational models, representations, algorithms and protocols to enable the next generation of intelligent collaborative technologies.
- Application of currently disruptive technologies to the next generation social-cantered solutions
- Technologies for the next generation of Social Analytics systems in Smarter Societies
- Enabling effective communication infrastructure for collaborative society
- Frameworks for monitoring-recognition-intervention in practical scenarios like education, health, and smart cities
- Models of Adaptive Applications and Adjustable Content reactive to Social Behaviour
This half-day event will feature a mixture of invited talks, discussions and submitted contributions describing current work or work in progress in collaborative agent research and technology.
We expected to conclude with discussions around a research agenda to advance the field of collaborative technology and social computing, to foment innovative technologies, contribute to the academia-industry research integration, and promote social development.
** IMPORTANT DATES
Paper submission: September 20, 2016
Notification of acceptance: October 15, 2016
Camera-ready: October 30, 2016
Workshop: December 6, 2016
Submit through Easychair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=care-ai2016
** ORGANISATION COMMITTEE
Dr. Fernando Koch, Samsung Research Institute, Brazil
Dr. Tiago Primo, Samsung Research Institute, Brazil
Dr. Andrew Koster, IIIA-CSIC, Spain
Dr. Christian Guttmann, Karolinska Institute, Sweden; University of New South Whales, Australia
** SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
Submission is done electronically at Easychair:
The papers should be formatted according to LNCS specification and submitted as a PDF file.
We seek three types of submissions:
- Full paper of 8-12 pages.
- Short paper of 4 pages, such as position and early result papers.
- Demo paper of 4 pages describing a demonstration.
Submissions will be peer-reviewed by, at least, three reviewers per paper. Selection criteria will include relevance, significance, impact, originality, technical soundness, and quality of presentation. Some preference may also be given to papers which address emergent trends or important common themes, or which enhance balance of workshop topics.
We plan to publish selected papers through Springer, like in previous editions (check web-site http://www.care-workshops.org)