Intersol 2017 : EAI International Conference on Innovations and Interdisciplinary Solutions for Underserved Areas
Call For Papers
EAI International Conference on Innovations and Interdisciplinary Solutions for Underserved Area
CALL FOR PAPERS
The first edition of the conference (to be held on April 11-12, 2017 in Dakar Senegal) will focus on (but is not limited to) the following five main topics (details available in the appendix):
1-Innovative sustainable energy solutions and energy as a mean for economic development
2-ICT as an enabler for economic growth and social development in underserved areas
3-Improving sustainability concept in underserved areas
4-Innovation and Entrepreneurship in underserved areas
5-“Citizen” as leverage for scientific research and development in underserved areas
We invite innovative and unpublished contributions at the intersection(s) of the five areas above. Submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by an international team of experts and accepted papers will be invited to be discussed during the first annual meeting in April, 2017. Finally, all accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries.
Appendix: Details of focus areas
Innovative sustainable energy solutions and energy as mean economic development
· Renewable energy solutions and efficiency for buildings/habitations in rural and urban areas
· Green energy production: using renewable energy as adaptation and mitigation solutions to climate change
· Managing the off-grid energy solutions to meet the needs of underserved communities and overcoming the technical and economic challenges.
· “Local” conception and production of renewable energy equipment, Rural energy networks (Electricity, Heat, Water)
· Local energy production (Wind, Solar, Hydro) for income activities in underserved areas
ICT as an enabler for economic growth and social development in underserved areas
· Low cost information systems to enable connectivity in underserved areas
· ITC for education in underserved areas
· ICT for efficient health delivery
· Innovations in technology and knowledge transfer to underserved areas
· Data generation versus security and privacy of data and people
· Using Internet of things to improve quality of life in underserved communities
· Open-Source Hardware/Software for IT dissemination in underserved areas
· ICT for energy estimation and energy network planning
· Sensing and data platforms for high-quality information on water and sanitation infrastructure systems
· ICT platforms for increasing accountability in the delivery of water and sanitation services
Improving sustainability concept in underserved areas
· Metrics, models and methods to assess to assess sustainability in underserved areas
· Environment and water sanitation: The role of resource recovery (e.g., energy, nutrients, water) from human waste to motivate provision of complete sanitation services
· Water and energy solutions for sustainable agriculture
· Waste management as a mean for improving quality of life and as income activity
· Is sustainable development an utopia? Climate change front of economics reality.
Innovation N Entrepreneurship in underserved areas
· Models for social business and micro enterprises
· Family farming as model for sustainability
· Incorporating modern technology in rural areas to create entrepreneurship opportunities.
· Innovation in financing and capital/energy/ICT sharing as a means to enable economic growth
· Diffusion and marketing solutions for interdisciplinary solutions in underserved areas
“Citizen” as leverage for scientific research and development in underserved areas
· “Local issue” research: using local stock of information necessary to increase local understanding and to produce new knowledge valuable to solve local intellectual, technical, or social issues.
· City profiling and social data to improve understanding of cities evolving, citizen routines, needs, and opinions, transportation problems and pollution level within
· Science and citizen participation
· Integration of science with society and economy
· Local production of knowledge: Content generation for/by people in underserved areas
Interdisciplinary Solutions Conference
The conference will bring together technical experts and researchers from academia, industry, and government all around the world to discuss novel research results related to Innovations and Interdisciplinary Solutions for Underserved Areas.