DAVA 2016 : 2nd International Workshop on DAta mining meets Visual Analytics at big data era In Conjunction with CIKM 2016
Call For Papers
2nd International Workshop on DAta mining meets Visual Analytics at big data era
In Conjunction with CIKM 2016
Indianapolis, USA, 28 October 2016
Full paper submission: July 31, 2016
Author notification: August 22, 2016
Workshop date: October 28, 2016
Submission Link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dava2016
The world is awash with big data now – we are generating ten exabytes of data in a variety of different forms every day. In this wave, there is a trend to integrate the data mining methods with interactive visualizations to advance the so-called visual analytics (VA) technology. The VA technique enjoys the joint advantage of the human intelligence and the machine’s computational power. Various aspects of the data mining method need to be inspected, justified, organized and evaluated for a successful VA system. This workshop will bring together interdisciplinary researchers from academy, research labs and practice to share, exchange, learn, and develop preliminary results, new concepts, ideas, principles, and methodologies on applying data mining technologies to help advance the visual analytics technology. Researchers and practitioners on the domain of data mining, machine learning, visualization, user interface etc., are welcome to attend, no specific background knowledge is required.
The topics of this workshop include, but not limited to, the following:
* Big data mining and visual analytics, theory and foundations
* Knowledge discovery with data mining and visual analytics technologies
* Fusion, mining and visualization of rich and heterogeneous data source
* Security and privacy issues in data mining and visual analytics systems
* Information, social and biological graph mining and visualization
* Novel methods on visualization-oriented data mining
* Visual representations and interaction techniques of data mining results
* Data management, knowledge representation, e.g., scalable data representations
* Mathematical foundations and algorithms of data mining for visual analysis
* Analytical reasoning including human analytic and collaborative visual analytics
* Evaluation methods for data mining algorithms and visual analytics systems
* Applications of visual analytics and data mining techniques, including but not limited to applications in science, engineering, public safety, commerce, etc.
Submitted manuscripts must be formatted in ACM Proceedings format (6 pages at most) and must be submitted via DAVA 2016 workshop submission site as PDF files. Submitted papers can be in all areas of Data Mining/Visual Analytics, but can not have been previously published in or be under consideration for publication in another journal or conference. The workshop Program Committee reserves the right to not review papers that either exceed the length specification or have been submitted or published elsewhere. Submissions must include a title, abstract, keywords, author(s) and affiliation(s) with postal and e-mail address(es).
Each submission will receive at least three independent reviews from the international TPC. At least one of the authors of every accepted paper must register and present their work at CIKM 2016 workshop venue. The author of registered papers with an outstanding quality will be invited to adapt their paper to a SCI-indexed international journal subject to additional peer reviews. The DAVA 2016 organization committee will select one paper of the highest quality to receive the DAVA 2016 best paper award ($300), based on both review scores and the presentation excellence.
Lei Shi (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
Hanghang Tong (Arizona State University)
Chaoli Wang (University of Notre Dame)
Leman Akoglu (Stony Brook University)
More information can be found in DAVA’16 Website: