MESOCA 2016 : IEEE 10th Symposium on the Maintenance and Evolution of Service-Oriented Systems and Cloud-Based Environments
Call For Papers
MESOCA is celebrating its tenth anniversary this year! Submit a paper and join us as we reflect on a decade of maintaining and evolving service-oriented software and cloud-based environments, and look forward to the next decade!
The IEEE 10th Symposium on the Maintenance and Evolution of Service-Oriented Systems and Cloud-Based Environments will be held Monday, October 3rd, 2016 in Raleigh, North Carolina. It will co-located with the 32nd IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution (ICSME 2016). (http://icsme2016.github.io/)
Theme: "Architecting, Maintaining and Evolving Complex and Data Intensive Systems for a Cyber-Physical World"
This year, our theme reflects the understanding that our society continues to evolve to a state where cyber systems are more tightly integrated with physical systems, our software, systems, and policies must undergo a similar evolution. Changes include increased volume, variety, and velocity of data; an always-connected expectation; omnipresent devices; increased variety of sensors and actuators; and many other changes. MESOCA 2016 is interested, in particular, in Architecting, Maintaining and Evolving Complex and Data Intensive Systems for a Cyber-Physical World.
We are interested in submissions from both industry and academia on all topics related to migration, maintenance, and evolution of service-oriented systems and cloud-based systems/environments including service and cloud oriented tool support.
These include, but are not limited to:
• Tools, techniques and methods to support migration to service-oriented architecture and cloud computing environments
• Tools, techniques and methods to support maintenance and evolution of service-oriented architecture and cloud computing systems
• Tools, techniques and methods applying service oriented and cloud-based systems to software evolution
• Evolution patterns of service-oriented and cloud-based systems
• Architectures and Frameworks for Cyber-Physical Systems
• Next generation cloud based intelligent systems and applications
• Transition patterns to service-oriented and cloud environments
• Governance to support system evolution in service-oriented and cloud environments
• Leverage of service-orientation best practices in cloud environments
• Process models on the migration to service-oriented and cloud-based systems and/or on the maintenance of service-oriented and cloud-based systems
• Case studies of migration to service-oriented and cloud environments
• Model-Driven Engineering (MDE) for migration to SOA and cloud
• Reengineering, identifying, and extracting legacy code for creating services and their implementation
• Large-scale testing for service-oriented and cloud-based systems
• Methods, tools and techniques to measure and ensure the Quality of Services in cloud-deployed systems
• Methods, tools and techniques to achieve adaptation and automation in cloud-deployed systems
We are soliciting two types of papers, as follows:
• Full papers (up to 8 pages). Full papers can be research, evaluation or experience reports. Research papers describe novel and original solutions (theoretical, methodological or conceptual); evaluation papers evaluate or validate existing tools and methods through empirical studies, case studies, simulations, etc.; experience papers present experiences and challenges encountered in practice.
• Short papers (up to 4 pages). Short papers can be position/vision papers that describe novel research positions, targets or approaches that go beyond current research and practice.
PAPER SUBMISSION DETAILS
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed (single blind) by at least three program committee members. Papers must not have been previously published or concurrently submitted elsewhere. Accepted papers will appear in the symposium proceedings that will be published in the MESOCA 2016 proceedings, which will be available at the IEEE Digital Library. Papers are indexed by Scopus, ISI, and others.
Submission site: (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mesoca2016 )