BioSMART 2016 : Special session on Brain-Computer-Interfaces: methods and applications
Call For Papers
Brain-Computer Interface (BCI) has become an effective neurotechnology in real-world applications over this decade. BCI is a communication or control system allowing for direct brain-machine/computer interfacing. Electroencephalography (EEG) is the most popular neuroimaging technique allowing for the direct brain and computer, or external device control, communication, detection of mental states, diagnosis, disease treatment and brain state monitoring. BCI signal processing and machine learning units analyze the EEG signals acquired from a head surface, and translate them into commands that are relayed to output devices in order to carry-out desired actions.
This special session is dedicated to recent advances, methods and applications in BCI research field. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Recent advances in brain-computer and machine interfaces (BCI/BMI);
• Novel neuroscience findings applied to BCI;
• Clinical applications of BCI;
• BCI for neuro-robotics;
• BCI-based neurorehabilitation;
• Neural prostheses controlled by BCI;
• BCI and neurogaming.
For this session, you can be invited by the chairs to submit, either: an abstract of your presentation or a 3-4 pages paper.
For both cases, follow these 5 steps once your log in to the Submission Management System:
1. Select the Track “Smart Technologies”,
2. Select the format of your paper: Abstract or 3-4 pages paper,
3. Include the requested information about your submission,
4. Select the corresponding special session topic,
5. Upload your document and complete the submission.
Dr. Larbi Boubchir (LIASD-University of Paris 8, France, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Youcef Touati (LIASD-University of Paris 8, France, email@example.com)
Dr. Tomasz M. Rutkowski (RIKEN Brain Science Institute/University of Tokyo, Japan, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Prof. Boubaker Daachi (LIASD-University of Paris 8, France, email@example.com)