ISM 2009 : IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia
Conference Series : International Symposium on Multimedia
Call For Papers
The IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM2009) is an international forum for researchers to exchange information regarding advances in the state of the art and practice of multimedia computing, as well as to identify the emerging research topics and define the future of multimedia computing. The technical program of ISM2009 will consist of invited talks, paper presentations, and panel discussions.
Submissions of high quality papers describing mature results or on-going work are invited. Topics for submission include but are not limited to:
* Multimedia systems, architecture, and applications
* Multimedia networking and QoS
* Peer-to-peer multimedia systems and streaming
* Pervasive and interactive multimedia systems including mobile systems, pervasive gaming, and digital TV
* Multimedia meta-modeling techniques and operating systems
* Architecture specification languages
* Software development using multimedia techniques
* Multimedia signal processing including audio, video, image processing, and coding
* Virtual Reality
* Multimedia file systems, databases, and retrieval
* Multimedia collaboration
* Rich media enabled E-commerce
* Computational intelligence including neural networks, fuzzy logic, and genetic algorithms
* Intelligent agents for multimedia content creation, distribution, and analysis
* Internet telephony and hypermedia technologies and systems
* Multimedia security including digital watermark and encryption
* Mobile Multimedia Systems and Services
* Multimodal Interaction, including Human Factors
* Multimodal User Interfaces: Design, Engineering, Modality-Abstractions, etc.
* Multimedia tools including authoring, analyzing, editing, and browsing
There will be a Best Paper Award and a Best Student Paper Award for the best submitted paper and the best submitted student paper. The award winners will be announced at the conference banquet.
The written and spoken language of ISM2009 is English. Authors should submit an 8-page technical paper manuscript in double-column IEEE format including the authors' names and affiliations, and a short abstract electronically, following the submission guidelines available on the ISM2009 web page. Only electronic submission will be accepted. All papers should be in Adobe portable document format (PDF). The Conference Proceedings will be published by the IEEE Computer Society Press and be available for online access via IEEEXplore. A number of the papers presented at the conference will be selected for possible publications in journals.
ISM2009 will include a few workshops dedicated to focused interest areas. Submissions of proposals on workshops of emerging areas are invited. Papers from Workshops will be presented at ISM2009, and included in the Proceedings. Submissions of proposals on panels and demonstrations are also encouraged. Panel summary articles may also be included in the conference proceedings.
Prospective authors are also invited to submit papers to the Industry Program, which will be included in the proceedings. A main goal of this program is to present research work that exposes the academic and research communities to challenges and issues important for the industry. Please refer to the Industry Program link for submission details.