JAISE Thematic Issue 2016 : Intelligent Systems, Applications and Environments for the Industry of the Future
Call For Papers
Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments
ISSN: 1876-1364 – Published by IOS Press (IF: 1.063)
CALL FOR PAPERS
Thematic Issue on "Intelligent Systems, Applications and Environments for the Industry of the Future"
This thematic issue addresses core topics on the design, use and evaluation of smart applications and systems for the industry of the future, also known as ‘Industry 4.0’ and the ‘Factory of the Future’. Strongly rooted in the Internet of Things and Cyber-Physical Systems-enabled manufacturing, these disruptive paradigms envision knowledge-intensive industrial intelligent environments where smart personalized products are created through smart processes and procedures. While the 1st industrial revolution was characterized by mechanical production with water power and the steam engine, the 2nd was marked by electrically powered mass production based on division of labor. The 3rd revolution was triggered by the first programmable logical controller that enabled manufacturing automation through IT. The 4th industrial revolution will be based on Cyber-Physical Systems that will monitor, analyze and automate business processes, transforming production and logistic processes into smart factory environments where big data capabilities, cloud services and smart predictive decision support tools are used to increase productivity and efficiency. The particular focus of this thematic issue is on the modeling, designing, implementation, assessment and management of intelligent systems, applications and environments that will shape and advance the smart industry of the future.
We are soliciting high-quality, original research papers and encourage submissions that cover the broad range of research topics on ICT for industrial intelligent environments, including practical applications and case studies, application design methodologies, empirical evaluation of systems and metrics, underpinning theories, and more technical/scientific research topics. The possible topics include but are not limited to:
- Machine learning and Big Data analytics for the factory of the future
- Cloud services and Cyber Physical Systems for smart industrial processes
- Monitoring, control and decision support systems for Industry 4.0
- Intelligent production systems and processes for mass personalization to customer wishes
- Context-aware systems for proactive maintenance
- Intelligent sensor networks for effective and reliable data collection, tracking and tracing
- Zero-defect manufacturing approaches at part/machine/process levels
- Digital factory solutions
- Integration of advanced Internet of Things technologies across the value chain
- Intelligent logistics and transportation systems
- Human interaction in smart industries
- Security, privacy, scalability, dependability and sustainability concerns
Submissions that use experimental data derived from real or simulated test-beds of smart industrial applications and intelligent environments are especially encouraged.
Submission and Proceedings
Papers should be of 12 pages or longer and adhere to the guidelines given on the Journal submission site: http://www.mstracker.com/submit1.php?jc=jaise
Authors must clearly indicate in the cover letter their intention to submit their work to this Thematic Issue.
Prospective authors are encouraged to contact the thematic issue editors (by email) in advance, indicating a tentative title of the paper.
Deadline for manuscript submission: September 30th, 2016
Notification to authors: December 31th, 2016
Submission of revised versions: February 15th, 2017
Targeted publication date: May 2017
iMinds-DistriNet-KU Leuven, Belgium
davy.preuveneers [at] cs.kuleuven.be
MTA-SZTAKI, Budapest, Hungary
elisabeth.zudor [at] sztaki.mta.hu