CCSBN 2016 : Special Issue on Cloud Computing for Scientific and Business Needs
Call For Papers
CSI Transactions on ICT
Invites Technical Papers
for Special Issue on Cloud Computing for Scientific and Business Needs
Cloud computing is service oriented utility computing model to deliver computing, platform, and applications as services to the end users based on pay and use consumption model. Cloud technologies are no more hype, and the vision of Cloud computing has come to reality by having the delivery of Cloud services across the globe.
As Big Data demand large scale computing and storage infrastructures for processing and data exploitations, Cloud infrastructures will be next generation back-end computing paradigm for the development of analytics for both scientific and business computing. International Data Corporation (IDC) report predicted that there could be an increase of digital data by 40 times from 2012 to 2020.
This special issue is devoted to addressing topics in Cloud Computing for both business and scientific computing areas. We intend to bring together researchers, practitioners, developers, and users who are interested in Cloud computing to explore new ideas, techniques, and tools, as well as to exchange their experiences. We are calling for original papers on a wide range of Cloud computing topics. Authors are invited to submit original papers not published in the proceedings of conferences and archival journals nor submitted for publication in conferences with published proceedings and journals. The topics are related to but not limited to the following.
• Architectures of Clouds computing technologies.
• Performance Modeling, Analysis, and Evaluation in Clouds.
• Programming Models and Run time Systems for Clouds.
• Scheduling and Resource Management.
• Storage and I/O for Clouds.
• Privacy, Security, Secure computations, Identity and key Management in Clouds.
• Cloud resource management, SLAs and QoS in Clouds.
• Green and Energy aware Computing.
• Networking technologies for Clouds.
• Software Engineering for Cloud computing.
• Industrial experiences for Cloud computing.
• Cloud computing Specifications and Standards.
• Legal issues pertaining to Cloud computing in India or for Indian markets.
• Role of Cloud computing for Digital India Programs.
• Cloud computing for Sustainable global development, policies, and initiatives to mediate, and overcome the challenges.
• Multi Clouds management, challenges, and Cloud brokers.
• In memory, MapReduce, Multi core GPGPU Programming models for Clouds.
• Announcement of CFP: April 25, 2016
• Submission Due: August 1, 2016
• 1st Round of Acceptance Notification: October 1, 2016
• Revision: October 15, 2016
• Final Acceptance Notification: November 5, 2016
• Publication of the Special Issue: December 2016
• Prof. Arun Agarwal, University of Hyderabad, India
• Prof. Rajkumar Buyya, University of Melbourne, Australia
CSI Transactions on ICT: Other Information
Chief Editor: Prof SV Raghavan
Professor, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras, Chennai, and,
Former Scientific Secretary to Govt. of India, Office of the Principal Scientific Advisor
ISSN: 2277-9078 (Print Version)
ISSN: 2277-9086 (Electronic Version)
Journal No. 40012
“CSI Transactions on ICT” is a technology journal, published quarterly, focusing sharp on the research outputs, and disseminating technical knowledge. “CSI Transactions on ICT” propagates the practical implications of advances in information and communication technology for all classes of professionals - researchers, academicians, industry, government and policy makers. The journal also serves domain experts in education, healthcare, management and agriculture in their attempts to deploy ICT to bridge the digital divide.
How to Submit Online
Aspiring authors may submit the manuscripts online via the journal homepage of
“CSI Transactions on ICT” www.springer.com/40012
Electronic submission substantially shortens the time for editorial processing, review and publication. Please follow the hyperlink “Submit online” on the right of the homepage, and upload all of your manuscript files, following the instructions on the screen. “CSI Transactions on ICT” uses the Editorial Manager Submission platform; Authors, familiar with the system, can go straight to the dedicated site http://www.editorialmanager.com/csit/
Before submitting the Manuscript, please ensure:
• The work described has not been published before
• It is not under consideration for publication anywhere else
• Its publication has been approved by all co-authors, if any, as well as by the responsible authorities of the institute where the work has been carried out.