SSH 2016 : 4th International Workshop on Service Science for e-Health
Call For Papers
Objectives and topics
Recent technological solutions in computing and networking have largely made remote health services accessible worldwide. However, the key requirements for making a full potential of any healthcare systems include ubiquitous access to medical services, their personalization encompassing specific functionalities, broadly understood security of the patient’s personal data, openness to new networking technologies and techniques for the purpose of flexible management of the quality of service (QoS) and the considerable experience of the healthcare systems’ developers.
Service science is an emerging interdisciplinary approach to design, implement and evaluate complex service systems. It integrates science with ICT technologies and business to provide a value added domain-specific applications of service-based systems. The application of service science to the e-Health area is a natural tendency to build platforms, software which meet both the current and future demands of the healthcare domain.
The core objective of the workshop is to bring together delegates from academia, industry and healthcare business to present recent advances in the field of e-Health. High quality interdisciplinary papers that present innovative solutions in service science for healthcare systems are the most welcome. Prospective authors are invited to submit their original contributions covering completed or ongoing work related to the area of service science for healthcare.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- e-Health services design and implementation
- Business models for e-Health services’ delivery
- Cloud computing for e-Health
- Internet of Things for e-Health
- Middleware for e-Health services
- Models and methods for decision making support in the healthcare domain
- Network architectures for e-Health
- Service-based e-Health systems
- Virtual and augmented reality for e-Health
- Wireless access to e-Health services
- Mobile Health solutions
- ICT-Mediated medical information exchange
Paper submission deadline: 22 July 2016
Notification of acceptance: 25 July 2016
Camera-ready papers: 30 July 2016
Conference date: 14-17 September 2016
Submission & Proceedings
Prospective authors are invited to submit their papers using the EDAS System at
A full paper should not have more than five (5) IEEE style pages including the results, figures and references.
All the papers will be reviewed using the standard reviewing procedure (by at least 2 independent anonymous reviewers).
Accepted papers will be published in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to the following international journals:
- Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, Elsevier, IF (2014): 2.019 http://www.journals.elsevier.com/artificial-intelligence-in-medicine/
- Statistical Methods in Medical Research, SAGE Publishing, IF (2014): 4.472, http://smm.sagepub.com/
- Computers in Human Behaviour, Elsevier, IF (2014): 2.694 http://www.journals.elsevier.com/computers-in-human-behavior/
Pawel Swiatek, Ph.D.
Head of the Services and Networking Technologies Lab (SANTOS Lab)
Faculty of Computer Science and Management
Wroclaw University of Technology
27 50-370 Wroclaw, Poland
Jolanta Mizera-Pietraszko, Ph.D.
Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science
Department of Computer Science
Office Room 208
Opole University, Poland