BIGDATA 2016 : International Workshop on Big Data Analytics for Advanced Databases
Call For Papers
There is an exponential growth in digital data with unprecedented new platforms derived from smart computing. The Big data creates opportunities for Healthcare databases to discover facts which are novel and provide deep insights of healthcare and clinical databases, to facilitate unprecedented understanding of large biomedical datasets. Today’s big data Analytics provides multifaceted environment in knowledge discovery to transform the data into useful information for futuristic decision making. We can further say that big data is an emerging paradigm applied to large data sets where size, complexity and velocity are beyond the ability of a normal computer software and hardware tool. However the current focus of workshop will be:
1. Bring together researchers (from both academia and industry) as well as practitioners to present their latest ideas and discuss some future directions
2. Provide a forum where expertise can discuss important contributions towards or research on Big Data Analytics in biological and/or medical data
3. Attract healthcare providers to discuss hidden biomedical and healthcare patterns for clinical use of data
4. Enhance interaction among Big data analytics and its application within healthcare in major areas of treatment effectiveness, management of healthcare, customer relationship management, and relationship among drugs
The potential outcomes of workshop is to address technical issues preferred types of Big Data analytics such as Mining healthcare or clinical data for estimation or prediction of disease, tools, data mining prediction models to solve the problem and develop frameworks for data mining in specific domain of medical databases. We welcome the application of data mining in biology or medicine as well as Biostatistical data analysis and bioinformatics
We invite all researchers, scientists and practitioners to share their interesting research, ideas, experience and results. The major topics related to large, complex, big data analysis and knowledge discovery are invited
TOPICS AND AREAS INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO
1. Smart health and big data
2. Data mining, graph mining and data science for healthcare
3. Big data analytics and social media for healthcare
4. Smart devices and hardware for healthcare
5. Smart location-based services for healthcare
6. Models and tools for smart computing in healthcare
7. Innovations in healthcare and sensing devices
8. Security and privacy for big data in healthcare
9. Cloud and grid computing for healthcare
10. Standards for big data in healthcare
11. The combination of Social and biomedical standards in healthcare systems.
12. Algorithm Designing and implementation in Healthcare Databases
13. Spatial, Temporal and Sequential Medical Data Mining
14. Data Mining tools for analysis of Biomedical Data
15. Medical Imaging
16. Biostatistical analysis of health or clinical records
17. Clinical application of data mining for decision making
18. Various scalability techniques for processing of large databases
19. Ontology based study in context to data mining
20. Data mining with relevance to prognosis of disease
21. Framework for mining complex and large data, e.g. a combination of experimentation, images, and genomic samples
22. Knowledge based clinical data models
23. Visualization and imaging of medical data
You are invited to submit-
1. Full paper of 4-5 pages (A4 format) for oral presentation.
2. Proposal to organize a technical session and or workshop.
Papers are to be submitted using on-line submission system. All submitted full papers will be peer reviewed by at least two to three independent referees from the panel of international reviewers. The link for on-line
and follow the direction for uploading.
Papers should be submitted in LNCS (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) format (style files are available at LNCS Authors Instructions) as PostScript or PDF files, and may not exceed 12 pages for regular paper, industry papers up to 6 pages. The authors are requested not to prefix their credentials i.e. Dr., Prof. etc. in authors name.
Download template for manuscript
Please note You have to attend all the sessions and links to e-certificates,e receipts etc shall be provided after valedictory session only. In absentia presentation ,Video Conferencing etc can be allowed if requested in advance .Only e- certificates ,e- receipts link shall be provided.
All accepted papers of workshop will appear in conference proceedings published by the springer Conference Publishing Services.