CFP 2016 : ISSR 2016
Call For Papers
*** Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this preliminary CFPs of ISSR 2016 ***
Call for Papers of the 8th International Workshop on Security in e-Science and e-Research (ISSR 2016)
Zhangjiajie, China, November 16-18, 2016
In Conjunction with
The 9th International Conference on Security, Privacy and Anonymity in Computation, Communication and Storage (SpaCCS 2016)
Zhangjiajie, China, November 16-18, 2016
Central South University, China
Guangzhou University, China
Jishou University, China
Proceedings & Special Issues:
The conference proceedings (including main conference papers and workshop papers) will be published by Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series (EI indexed). Distinguished papers, after further revisions, will be published in several SCI & EI indexed special issues (to be announced soon).
E-Science and e-Research, through development of Cloud Computing, Internet of Things (IoT), and Big Data Infrastructures, can be used to support a wide range of research disciplines and inter-disciplinary research. In recent years, the influence of e-Science and e-Research has grown considerably and their scope of applications now covers many research domains, from science and engineering disciplines such as physical, biological, clinical sciences and so on, through to the arts and humanities and social sciences. Supporting e-Science and e-Research often places numerous demands on capabilities associated with Grid, Cloud and Big data infrastructures. One key challenge is with regard to security. Security technologies must support a variety of user requirements and provider requirements such as authentication, authorization, trust, privacy, policy management, and information assurance, all in a user and provider friendly framework. Many e-Science and e-Research projects have developed distinctive security analyses, requirements, and technical solutions for a variety of applications.
Following the success of ISSR-15 (held in Columbus, USA, in conjunction with IEEE ICDCS-15), ISSR-14 (held in Vasteras, Sweden, in conjunction with IEEE COMPSAC-14), ISSR-13 (held in Melbourne, Australia, in conjunction with IEEE TrustCom-13), ISSR-12 (held in Liverpool, UK, in conjunction with IEEE TrustCom-12), ISSR-11 (held in Changsha, China, in conjunction with IEEE TrustCom-11), ISSR-10 (held in Taipei, Taiwan, in conjunction with IEEE ISPA-10) and ISSR-09 (held in Chengdu, China, in conjunction with IEEE ISPA-09), the workshop intends to provide a forum for researchers, developers and users working on security issues associated with e-Science and e-Research to exchange ideas and share experiences. The workshop has emphasis on establishing a state-of-the-art for security in e-Science and e-Research, identifying challenges and discussing solutions for successfully enabling security for e-Science and e-Research. The workshop program will be a blend of presentations of research papers, and discussions about the current status, emergent areas, and trends on security-related issues in e-Science and e-Research.
Scope and Interests
We solicit original papers reporting a wide spectrum of topics related to security in e-Science and e-Research. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
(1) Eliciting security requirements for e-Science & e-Research applications as well as Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
(2) Analysis of security challenges, threats, risk and issues in e-Science & e-Research as well as Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
(3) Security architectures, frameworks, and infrastructures for Cloud, IoT, and Big Data and their applications on e-Science & e-Research
(4) Models and techniques for authentication and identity management in Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
(5) Models and techniques for authorization and access control in Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
(6) Trust model and management for Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
(7) Privacy mechanisms and management for Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
(8) Policy models and policy management in Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
(9) Information assurance for e-Science & e-Research applications
(10) Model and frameworks for security-driven workflows in Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
(11) Network security and privacy mechanisms for Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
(12) Security for Cloud, IoT, and Big Data programming models
(13) User-driven security models for e-Science & e-Research
(14) Software engineering best practice in the development of Cloud, IoT, and Big Data security infrastructures
(15) Experiences and case studies on the practical applications of security models and solutions in e-Science & e-Research
Papers must be submitted electronically via the ISSR 2016 submission page on the EasyChair website https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=issr2016. Papers must be clearly presented in English, must not exceed 6 pages in Springer LNCS format. All papers will be carefully reviewed by at least two reviewers. Accepted papers will be published in the workshop proceedings of SpaCCS 2016, by the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). At least one of the authors of each accepted paper must register as a participant of the workshop and present the paper at the workshop, in order to have the paper published in the proceedings.
Deadline for paper submission: July 01, 2016
Notification of acceptance: August 15, 2016
Camera-ready due: September 15, 2016
Guojun Wang, Central South University, China
Wei Jie, University of West London, UK
Aniello Castiglione, University of Salerno, Italy
Kouichi Sakurai, Kyushu University, Japan
Lizhe Wang, China University of Geosciences, China
Please check the conference website for detail.
Christian Esposito, University of Naples "Federico II", Italy
Mir Sajjad Hussain Talpur, Sindh Agriculture University, Pakistan
Yang Shu, Central South University, China
Please email inquiries concerning ISSR 2016 to:
Dr. Wei Jie: jie.wei AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk and the conference organizers (ISSR2016 AT gmail DOT com).
Copyright AT Trusted Computing Institute, Central South University (CSU)
Dr. Mir Sajjad Hussain Talpur