SoC 2009 : International Symposium on System-on-Chip
Call For Papers
SoC 2009 is the 11th SoC event, building on the tradition of a series of SoC
events organized in Tampere, Finland annually since 1999. In addition to
the invited lectures and commercial exhibit with its own industrial program
track, the conference is also open for contributions from researchers on this
broad but focused field. The symposium also features a panel discussion on
topics of high interest to the System-on-Chip community, and a pre-
conference tutorial on October 5. The mission of SoC 2009 is to provide a
forum that is fully and comprehensively dedicated to SoC. SoC 2009 is co-
located with IEEE Workshop on Signal Processing Systems (Oct. 7-9).
We encourage your contribution to the program by submitting a research
paper, suggesting a distinguished invited lecturer and/or topic, submitting
an abstract to the industry program track, suggesting a tutorial course, or a
topic and tentative participants for a panel discussion.
The special theme of the year is SoC Technology for Signal Processing.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Alternative computing concepts
• Advanced platform architectures
• Analysis and early estimation techniques
• Application-specific processors and architectures
• Configurable and reconfigurable architectures
• Hardware/software reuse techniques
• Low-power hardware techniques
• Low-power software techniques
• Operating systems for embedded systems
• Multiprocessor SOC implementations
• Network-on-chip and inter-chip communications
• Processor and compiler generators
• Retargetable compilers
• SoC verification and testing
• Software runtime environments
• Software emulation and simulation
• Software tools and languages for multiprocessor systems
• Special SoC applications
• System-level design flow and methodology
All topics should be handled highlighting the relevance to SoC.
Invited lectures, tutorials and scientific papers: May 15, 2009. Extended to May 29.
Notification of acceptance for scientific papers: June 26, 2009. Moved to July 05.
Industrial abstracts, panels, camera-ready papers: August 7, 2009.
Notification of acceptance for industrial abstracts: August 31, 2009.
All submissions must be made electronically in PDF format.
Additional submission instructions are available on the conference website.
Complete details about the submission, author schedules, registration,
program and venue are available on the symposium website: