BDDB 2016 : 2nd Big Data Day Baku 2016
Call For Papers
The Internet Services, Web and Mobile Applications, Pervasive Communication widely available today that are meeting many of our needs have stimulated production of tremendous amounts of data (call metadata, texts, emails, social media updates, photos, videos, location, etc.). Even with the power of today’s modern computers it still big challenge for business and government organizations to manage, search, analyze, and visualize this vast amount of data as information. Over 90% of this information is unstructured, what means data does not have predefined structure and model. Generally, unstructured data is useless unless applying data mining, data extraction and advanced data analytics techniques. At the same time, just in case if you can process and understand your data, this data worth anything, otherwise it becomes useless.
Big Data Day Baku 2016 is the 2nd Data-Centric event is planned to be held in Baku, Azerbaijan, 17 May 2016 hosted by the Qafqaz University and organized by CeDAWI (Applied Research Center for Data Analytics and Web Insights) resident of the QUTechnopark and IEEE Computer Society Azerbaijan Chapter in co-operation with local and international companies. The event’s main goal is to increase public awareness of new opportunities and challenges brought by Big Data, share experience with industry and government on the development of state-of-the-art Data Analysis technologies, attract youth to make career and do outstanding research in Data Science.
SOME OF TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
· Hot Topics of Data Science
· Big Opportunities and Challenges brought by Big Data – Big Data Use Cases
· Big Data impact on Multi-Sectorial Industry
· Human Language Technologies – NLP and Computational Linguistics
· Open Source Platforms for Big Data
· Big Data and Analysis Life-Cycle
· (I|P|S|.)aaS Concepts and Platforms
· Who is Who in Big Data Industry
· Open Data Initiative
QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED:
· What is Big Data Value?
· How it will affect us all?
· Big Data Era, but are we ready for challenges?
EVENT TARGET AUDIENCE:
· Multi-sectorial businesses and organizations (Finance, Banking, Energy, Retail, Telecom, Marketing, Government, Cyber-security, Healthcare)
· Business owners
· IT Professionals
· Students (Participation of the students is highly encouraged)
· Scientists and Researchers
· Government representatives