LCN-NSWMD 2016 : IEEE International Workshop on Networks of Sensors, Wearable, and Medical Devices
Call For Papers
The first IEEE International Workshop on
Networks of Sensors, Wearable, and Medical Devices
In association with
IEEE Local Computer Networks Conference
Dubai, UAE, 7-10 November, 2016
Edas submission link: https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=22308&track=79643
The workshop will address several challenges related to networking and communication issues in Sensors, wearable, and medical devices in the area of eHealth. Despite the importance of this issue, it is being addressed as part of general networking and communication venues. This workshop solicits unpublished research work related to the latest challenges, technologies, solutions and techniques pertaining to networks of sensors, networks of wearables, networks of medical devices, body area sensor networks, WSN for medical applications, integrating these with networks infrastructures (wired and wireless networks), integration of these networks with cloud systems, protocols and performance issues in these networks. This workshop will bring together researchers from academia, industry and government in order to present the state of the art in the emerging area of networks of sensors, wearables, and medical devices in ehealth application.
Topics of the track consist of all aspects related to Communication, Computing, and Networking in CPS. They include but are not limited to:
• Networks of medical sensors.
• Communication and networking issues in wearable devices.
• Physical layer issues in networks of medical sensors and wearables.
• Routing and transport protocol design issues.
• Mobility effect on networking of medical devices.
• Communication issues in medical devices.
• Body area sensor networks and wireless personal areal networks..
• WSN for medical applications.
• RFID technology and medical applications.
• Integrating wearables and medical sensors with networks infrastructures
• Integration of wearables and medical sensors with cloud systems
• Energy optimization in wearables and medical sensors.
• Security and privacy issues in networks of medical devices.
• Secure wireless body sensor networks (WBSN) communications
• Data security and privacy in eHealthcare
• Secure connectivity in wearable devices
• eHealthcare security challenges in cloud
• Trustworthy wearable sensing devices
• Simulation and formal analysis of networks of medical devices.
• Surveys and state of the art reports in the area.
Submitted papers must be neither previously published nor under review by another workshop, conference or journal.
Only electronic submissions in PDF will be accepted. Submitted regular papers must be written in English, must be no longer than 6 pages in 10-point font, must render without error using standard PDF viewing tools, must print on US-Letter-sized paper, and must include the author names and affiliations in the first page. An extra page is allowed with 100$ extra registration fees.
Submitted manuscripts may not exceed (8) single-spaced double-column pages using 10-point size font on 8.5x11 inch pages (IEEE LCN conference style), including figures, tables, and references. See style templates for details:
IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings. The authors of regular papers will deliver oral presentations. The authors of demo and poster papers will deliver system demonstrations and poster presentations, respectively. All accepted papers will be published by in IEEE LCN Workshops proceedings and indexed by IEEExplore.
All paper will submitted using EDAS system using:
- Paper Submission Deadline (extended): June 6, 2016
- Notification of Acceptance: July 31, 2016
- Final paper and Author Registration: August 15, 2016.
IEEE LCN-NSWMD 2016 Chairs.