STSIVA 2016 : 21st Symposium on Signal Processing, Images and Artificial Vision
Call For Papers
The 21st Symposium on Image, Signal Processing and Artificial Vision (STSIVA), the most traditional academic event specialized on signal processing in Colombia, will be hosted at Pontifical Bolivarian University campus Bucaramanga, from August 31th to September 2nd, 2016. The symposium program will feature high-profile keynote lectures, workshops, oral and poster sessions, and exhibitions.
Bucaramanga is the capital city of the department of Santander and the fifth most important city of Colombia. It is also known as “La Ciudad de Los Parques” (“The City of Parks”) due to the extensive number of parks scattered throughout the city. Touristic attractions nearby are: Cerro del Santísimo, Chicamocha canyon natural park (Panachi), paragliding at Mesa de Ruitoque and La Sagrada Familia cathedral.
• Unmixing of Hyperspectral Imagery by Dr Miguel Velez-Reyes, George W. Edwards, Jr. Distinguished Professor in Engineering, University of Texas at El Paso, USA.
• Object Search and Recognition with Mobile Robots by Dr Luis Enrique Sucar, Senior Research Scientist, INAOE, Mexico.
• Dealing with Noise in Speech Signal by Dr Hynek Hermansky, IEEE Distinguished Lecturer, Julian S. Smith Professor, Center for Language and Speech Processing, The Johns Hopkins University, USA.
• Convexity, Sparsity, Nullity and all that... by Dr Hamid Krim, IEEE Distinguished Lecturer, Member of Technical Staff at AT&T Bell Labs, North Carolina State University, USA.
• Introduction to Hyper/Multispectral Remote Sensing by Dr Miguel Velez-Reyes
• Probabilistic Graphical Models and their Applications in Vision by Dr Luis Enrique Sucar
• Information extraction from speech: humans and machines by Dr Hynek Hermansky
• Shape Analysis and Modeling in Video Applications: Activity Analysis by Dr Hamid Krim
All are encouraged to submit papers to be considered for presentation at the STSIVA in the following categories:
• C1: Undergraduate course projects.
• C2: Undergraduate final projects.
• C3: Graduate final projects or doctoral dissertations.
• C4: Research group or professional projects.
Symposium themes include, but are not limited to:
• Signal Processing Techniques and Application
• Image and multi-Dimensional Signal Processing
• Video Processing: motion estimation, activities and surveillance
• Computer Vision: 3D reconstruction and recognition
• Biomedical Signal and Image Processing
• DSP- and FPGA-based Applications
• Voice, Audio and Multimedia Processing
• Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition
• Signals, Images and Computer Vision in Education
Papers can be submitted in English or Spanish. All papers will be peer reviewed. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the STSIVA online proceedings. In addition, papers written in English (categories 2,3 and 4) will be indexed by IEEE Xplore. The best 10 papers will be invited to submit an extended version to the journal Puente UPB.
• Abstract submission deadline: May 02, 2016 / Notification: May 16, 2016.
• Paper submission deadline: June 17, 2016 / Notification: July 15, 2016.
• Camera-ready paper deadline: July 30, 2016.
• STSIVA 2016: August 31 – September 2, 2016.
For more information, see http://www.stsiva.org or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our FACEBOOK Fanpage at https://www.facebook.com/stsiva2016 and follow us on TWITTER as @STSIVA2016