ICANN 2016 : 25th International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks
Conference Series : International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks
Call For Papers
Call for papers
2nd Call for Papers
2nd Call for special sessions, workshops, demonstrations
25th Annual Conference on Artificial Neural Networks
BarcelonaTech (UPC), Barcelona, Spain
6 – 9 September 2016
Special event : ENNS 25th Anniversary
The International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks (ICANN) is the annual flagship conference of the European Neural Network Society (ENNS). In 2016 the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (BarcelonaTech) will organize the 25th ICANN Conference from the 6th to the 9th of September 2016 in Barcelona, Spain, in collaboration with the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF).
– To bring together researchers from two worlds: Information Sciences and Neurosciences
– To keep a wide scope, ranging from Machine Learning Algorithms to models of real nervous systems
– To facilitate discussions and interactions in the effort towards developing more intelligent computational systems and increasing our understanding of neural and cognitive processes in the brain.
– To help researchers to meet, mingle and network with colleagues from all over the world.
– To be the meeting point between research and business.
– To be a global interdisciplinary meeting encompassing Machine Learning and Neural Computation.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE CONFERENCE
– A solid cutting-edge scientific programme including talks from the world experts in the field of artificial neural networks.
– A conference schedule tailored to encourage interaction between the attendees, with time for networking and discussion.
– The publication of all accepted contributions in the peer-reviewed book of conference proceedings, in the Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
– The opportunity to vote and to be considered for the best paper awards, presented during the final ceremony of ICANN.
– A top-level conference in the field with a reasonable registration fee, thanks to the not-for-profit policy of the ENNS organisation. Students can apply for ENNS funded travel grants to attend.
– An overly attractive conference location in the beautiful Barcelona, Spain, and social events letting you explore the area.
– The participation in a special event to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of ICANN for all the ENNS members.
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTED SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATIONS
All scientific communications presented at ICANN 2016 will be reviewed and scientifically evaluated by a panel of experts. The conference will
feature three categories of communications:
– oral communications (15’+5′)
– poster communications (on permanent display and 2 hours presentation)
Authors willing to present original contributions for any category must submit a manuscript of maximum 8 pages length that will be refereed to international standards by at least three referees. Accepted papers of contributing authors will be published in Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. Selected papers will be invited after the conference for a full journal paper submission.
Authors willing to present a contribution for oral communications and posters without submitting an full manuscript must submit a 1-page abstract that will also be refereed by at least three referees. The abstracts will be published all together in a proceedings section without an author index.
In case of program constraints the priority will be given to original contributions accompanied by a full paper submission.
Submission of communications will be online. More details are available on the conference website.
WORKSHOPS, SPECIAL SESSIONS, DEMONSTRATIONS,
COMPETITION PROPOSALS and TUTORIALS
ICANN 2016 invites proposals for workshops, special sessions, demonstrations, competitions and tutorials to be held during the conference.
For more information, please refer to the website.
BEST PAPER AWARDS
ENNS will sponsor a maximum of four best paper awards, two in the Brain Inspired Computing track (one poster and one oral communication) and two
in the Machine Learning research track. All awardees will be presented during the final ceremony.