WISA 2016 : 8th Workshop on Intelligent Systems and Applications
Call For Papers
**** Scope ****
The role of Intelligent Systems in the context of the Information Technologies is clearly established. This kind of approach allows the inclusion, in computational systems, of human intelligence related concepts, like reasoning, learning capability, evolution, adaptation, autonomy, social interaction, or pro-activity. Historically, this has been the focus of Artificial Intelligence research. Meanwhile, current world dynamics made those features a real necessity in a many diversity of systems, in different application domains: from recommendation systems to robotics, to data mining, natural language processing or interactive games. Technological development made possible full-featured intelligent systems development, making many of these an integral part of everyday life for the common citizen. Additionally, potential application in many different knowledge domains and sectors of the society is turning their development more interdisciplinary, with expected contributions in engineering, and computer science, but also in human and social sciences.
In the previous seven editions, this workshop has consolidated its goal of developing a forum dedicated to the reflection and discussion around intelligent systems conception and development, both from a theoretical and practical perspective. The intention is to gather people from the scientific community, industry, and society, to debate the state of art on models and architectures, as well as paradigms and frontiers that motivate intelligent systems development. Artificial Intelligence, human cognition models and computational theories, knowledge representation and engineering, information infrastructures, web distributed intelligent systems, are also themes to be explored in this workshop.
**** Topics of Interest ****
Topics of interest for this workshop include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
• Adaptive Business Intelligence
• Agent Technology and Multi-agent Systems
• Agent-Based Social Simulation
• Agreement Technologies
• Ambient Intelligence
• Artificial Intelligence
• Cognitive and Adaptive Robotics
• Data and Knowledge Engineering
• Data Mining and OLAP
• Electronic Commerce
• Evolutionary Computing and other Bio-inspired Models
• Expert and Decision Support Systems
• Human-Computer Interaction
• Information Retrieval
• Intelligent Entertainment Systems
• Intelligent Transportation Systems
• Internet of Things
• Knowledge Discovery from Databases
• Knowledge-Based Systems
• Machine Learning
• Semantic Web and Ontologies
• Service Oriented Architectures
• Smart Cities
• Smart Mobility
• Ubiquitous Computing and Mobile Systems
**** Paper Submission and Formatting Guidelines ****
We invite prospective authors to submit their contributions, not yet published, reporting on either work under development or concluded projects about theoretical aspects or practical applications related to the topics of the workshop. Contributions can be submitted in one of two formats:
• Full papers - original, relevant and previously unpublished research results, related to any of the topics of the conference, with a maximum of 6 pages.
• Short papers - project reports, research in progress, with no more than 4 pages.
The contributions can be written either in English, Portuguese or Spanish, and should be submitted in PDF format, through the conference webpage (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cistiworkshops2016).
All papers must be written in Portuguese, Spanish or English and must follow the formatting rules of the Conference (http://www.aisti.eu/cisti2016/index.php/en/call-for-papers) with templates available at: http://www.aisti.eu/cisti2015/templates.zip.
Submitted papers must not have been published and must not be under review for any other conference and national or international publication. Also, please note that, the contributions to be evaluated by the Scientific Committee should not include authors’ identification, e-mail or affiliation (blinded submission). This information should only be included in the final version of the papers accepted for presentation and publication.
Papers will be presented and discussed in time slots of 20 (full papers) or 15 minutes (short papers).
**** Publication ****
To ensure that the contribution (full paper or short paper) is published in the Proceedings, at least one of the authors must be fully registered, and the paper must comply with the suggested layout and page-limit. Additionally, all recommended modifications must be addressed by the authors before they submit the final version. Only one paper per registration will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Also, please note that the final version for publication must be submitted in Word/RTF format.
Papers will be published in CD format, with an ISBN. Published papers will be sent to EI, IEEE XPlore, INSPEC, ISI, SCOPUS and Google Scholar. Detailed and up-to-date information may be found at CISTI 2016 website: http://www.aisti.eu/cisti2016.
**** Important Dates ****
Paper submission: March 15, 2016 (EXTENDED)
Author Notification: March 29, 2016
Camera Ready: April 10, 2016
Conference: June 15-18, 2016
**** Organizing Committee ****
• João Balsa, Departamento de Informática, Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa
• Alberto Fernández Gil, Centre for Intelligent Information Technologies (CETINIA), Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid
• Rosaldo Rossetti, Departamento de Engenharia Informática, Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto
**** Program Committee (provisional) ****
• Ana Paula Rocha, FEUP, Portugal
• António Coelho, FEUP, Portugal
• Carlos Carrascosa, U. Politecnica de Valencia, Spain
• Carlos Ángel Iglesias, U. Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
• Cesar Analide, U. Minho, Portugal
• Cristina Olaverri Monreal, Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria
• Eugénio Oliveira, FEUP, Portugal
• Filipa Taborda, U. Atlântica, Portugal
• Francisco Reinaldo, UTFPR-FB, Brazil
• Gustavo Arnold, Convergence Works, Brazil
• Holger Billhardt, U. Rey Juan Carlos, Spain
• João Leite, U. Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
• Luis Moniz, U. Lisboa, Portugal
• Luis Nunes, ISCTE, Portugal
• Luís Paulo Reis, U. Minho, Portugal
• Marin Lujak, U. Rey Juan Carlos, Spain
• Miguel Rebollo, U. Politecnica de Valencia, Spain
• Patrícia Tedesco, UFPE, Brazil
• Paulo Trigo, ISEL, Portugal
• Paulo Urbano, U. Lisboa, Portugal
• Ramón Hermoso, U. Zaragoza, Spain
• Renata Galante, UFRGS, Brazil
• Roberto Centeno, UNED, Spain
• Sascha Ossowski, U. Rey Juan Carlos, Spain
• Vicente Julian, U. Politecnica de Valencia, Spain