SAEOpt 2016 : Workshop on Surrogate-Assisted Evolutionary Optimisation (SAEOpt)
Call For Papers
Call for Papers
Workshop on Surrogate-Assisted Evolutionary Optimisation (SAEOpt)
In many real world optimisation problems evaluating the objective function(s) is computationally expensive. Surrogate-assisted optimisation attempts to alleviate this problem by employing computationally cheap 'surrogate' models to estimate the objective function(s) or the ranking relationships of the candidate solutions. Surrogate-assisted approaches have been widely used across the field of evolutionary optimisation, and successful applications include aerodynamic design optimisation, structural design optimisation, data-driven optimisation, chip design, drug design, robotics and many more.
Despite recent successes in using surrogate-assisted evolutionary optimisation, there remain many challenges. The Workshop on Surrogate-Assisted Evolutionary Optimisation (SAEOpt) to be held at GECCO 2016 in Denver, USA, aims to promote the research on surrogate-assisted evolutionary optimisation, particularly the synergies between evolutionary optimisation and machine learning. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
* Learning approaches for constructing surrogates
* Model management in surrogate-assisted optimisation
* Multi-level, multi-fidelity surrogates
* Complexity and efficiency of surrogate-assisted methods
* Surrogates-assisted evolutionary optimisation of computationally expensive problems
* Data-driven optimisation
* Model approximation in dynamic, robust and multi-modal optimisation
* Model approximation in multi- and many-objective optimisation
* Comparison of different modelling methods in surrogate construction
* Surrogate-assisted identification of the feasible region
* Comparison of evolutionary and non-evolutionary approaches with surrogate models
* Performance improvement techniques in surrogate-assisted evolutionary computation
We invite short papers of up to 8 pages presenting novel developments in one or more of these areas, or other areas relevant to surrogate-assisted evolutionary optimisation.
We also welcome proposals for short demonstrations or presentations (5-10 minutes) on the following topics:
* Surrogate-assisted optimisation in real world
* Contemporary test problems in surrogate-assisted optimisation
* Other relevant accepted GECCO papers or recent journal papers
Paper submission deadline: 3 April, 2016.
Notification of acceptance: 20 April, 2016.
Camera ready submission: 4 May 2016.
Conference date: 20 - 24 July, 2016.
Accepted submissions will be presented orally at the workshop and distributed in the workshop proceedings to all conference attendees. Authors should follow the format of the GECCO manuscript style; further details are available at:
Manuscripts should not exceed eight pages. Papers should be submitted in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acceptance to workshop will be based on peer review of submitted papers. A short half-page abstract for proposals of demonstrations or presentations should be submitted to email@example.com.
For more information, please visit: http://www.saeopt.ex.ac.uk/
Please send you queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org