ITEMS’16 2016 : Special Session: IoT Emerging Technologies: Design and Security
Call For Papers
Call for Papers
IoT Emerging Technologies: Design and Security (ITEMS’16)
A special session organized under the umbrella of the 23rd International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT 2016), http://ict-2016.org/
Theme and Scope:
Internet of Things (IoT) is an emerging paradigm promising to resolve many social and economic problems that the world is currently facing. Also, it brings important changes in our lives and in the industrial environment. Numerous IoT research and application projects have been done in recent years, by universities in collaborations with industry and there are IoT increasing activities and applications in the industry. To maximize the social and economic benefit of the technology, issues related to IoT network architecture, low power communication devices, security and privacy, data collection and analysis, developing open platforms and standardization across technology layers, have to be addressed.
The aim of this special session is to bring world-class researchers and practitioners in IoT emerging technologies to present their latest findings in one of the following related topics, but not limited to:
* IoT network design and architectures
* Low power PHY design for IoT applications
* Design of IoT hardware devices and facilities
* Connectivity protocols and industry standards for IoT
* Efficient data analysis techniques for IoT applications
* Software defined radio and cognitive radios for IoT
* Cloud back-ends and resource management for IoT
* Evaluation tools and test-beds for IoT environment
* Security and user privacy concerns in IoT systems
* Traffic collection and analysis from IoT networks
* Data protection and encryption for IoT environment
* Traffic-based IDS and IPS for IoT networks
*Mobile devices as gateways to IoT networks
The special session solicits original, unpublished, and high-quality research papers. The authors are invited to submit their contributions formatted as IEEE double columns. Submitted papers will be refereed by at least three reviewers for quality, correctness, originality, and relevance. Authors are kindly asked to follow the main conference rules for paper template, paper formatting, and paper submission in (http://ict-2016.org/#Submissions), and submit their contributions via EDAS system using https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=21703&track=78319. Accepted, registered, and presented papers will be published in the (ICT 2016) conference proceedings and IEEE Xplore.
* Paper submission deadline: February 15, 2016
* Notification of paper acceptance: March 1, 2016
* Camera Ready Papers: March 10, 2016
Ehab Mahmoud Mohamed, Ph.D.
Department of Information and Communications Technology
Osaka University, Japan.
Ali Ismail Awad, Ph.D., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Science, Electrical and Space Engineering
Luleå University of Technology, Sweden.