Internet of Things 2017 : Technologies, Applications and Implementations - CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group)
Call For Papers
Call for Book Chapters
Internet of Things: Technologies, Applications, and Implementations
The interaction between objects like wearable electronics, home appliances, transportation means, energy grids, manufacturing machinery and healthcare facilities is becoming a reality. This model is known as the Internet of Things (IoT), in which things refer to intelligent objects with some processing power and storage capacity, and has unique identifiers which connect them to the Internet. IoT represents a new generation of ubiquitous computing that can be found anywhere and everywhere. Gartner expects that by 2020, 26 billion objects will be connected to the Internet, and the revenues of IoT products and services will exceed $300 billion. It is likely for the IoT to be applied to a wide range of fields, such as retail, logistics, pharmaceutical, healthcare, transportation, housing, urban planning, infrastructure monitoring, and agriculture. These applications alongside implementation details and challenges should also be explored for successful mainstream adoption.
The main goal of this project is to encourage both researchers and practitioners to share and exchange their experiences and recent studies between academia and industry. The overall objectives are:
- To analyze and present the state-of-the-art of the IoT and related technologies and methodologies.
- To highlight and discuss the recent development and emerging trends in the IoT.
- To propose new models, practical solutions and technological advances of the IoT.
- To present case studies and innovative applications of the IoT.
- To address implementation issues and challenges.
This book will attract graduate students, researchers, academicians, and professionals that are interested in exploring and implementing the IoT and related technologies.
Topics of Interest - We HIGHLY interested in (educational) overview chapters on these specific subjects(but we may accept other proposals as well):
- Introduction (History, Definitions, Concepts)
- IoT Ecosystem
- IoT Architectures
- Standards and Interoperability in IoT
- Sustainability & Green IoT
- Implementation Issues (Tools and Platforms, Architecture, Governance, and Management Strategies)
- Required Regulations and Legislation for IoT
- Business aspects, models and opportunities of IoT
- Addressing, Naming, Brokering, and Discovery of Things
- Data Management (processing, storage, compression, encryption, storage, data models, analytics, and visualization, security and privacy)
- Governance and General Management Aspects of IoT
- Social Implications of IoT
- IoT Enabling Technologies (WBAN/BAN/BSN, WSN, RFID, NFC, etc.)
- Cloud Computing for IoT
- Fog Computing in IoT
- SDN, LTE, Narrowband, etc., for IoT
- IoT and Big Data
- Hardware Architectures and Devices in IoT
- IoT in Manufacturing
- Building and Home Automation
- IoT Applications in Disaster Prediction and Monitoring (various areas)
- IoT Applications in Smart Cities
- IoT Applications in Healthcare
- IoT Applications in Environment
- IoT Applications in Transportation/Automotive/Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks (VANETs)
- IoT Applications in Supply Chain Management
- Applications, Implementations and Case Studies
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit their chapter proposals. Contributors may contribute multiple chapters if they wish. Contributors may also be asked to serve as reviewers for this project. This publication is anticipated to be released in 2017.
Proposals, chapters, and inquiries should be submitted to Dr. Qusay Hassan on email@example.com.
Note: There are NO submission or acceptance fees for manuscripts submitted to this book publication. All manuscripts are accepted based on a double-blind peer-review editorial process. Authors of accepted chapters will get a free copy/e-book of the book.
CRC Press, Florida, USA, is a premier global publisher of science, technology, and medical resources. CRC Press is a member of Taylor & Francis Group. For additional information regarding the publisher, please visit https://www.crcpress.com.
Important Dates (Deadlines Extended)*
Proposal Submission Deadline: November 18, 2016
Full Chapter Submission Deadline: 6 weeks from proposal acceptance date
Review Results Returned: January 31, 2016
Final Chapter Submission: February 15, 2017
*Authors who are wishing to write chapter proposals are advised to contact Dr. Qusay as soon as possible for arrangement, initial approval, and further instructions.
A chapter is recommended to have about 30 double-spaced A4 pages with 1” margins (longer or shorter chapters are also fine). Chapters should be proofread, polished and formatted according to the publisher's instructions before submission. We will deliver camera-ready chapters of the book to the publisher. Author’s guidelines and chapter template can be found on this site: https://sites.google.com/site/internetofthingscfc/home
- Dr. Qusay Hassan (primary contact), Mansoura University, Egypt, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Atta ur Rahman Khan, College of Computer and Information Sciences, King Saud University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, email@example.com
- Dr. Sajjad Madani, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan, firstname.lastname@example.org