InPACT 2016 : International Psychological Applications Conference and Trends 2016
Call For Papers
International Psychological Applications Conference and Trends (InPACT) 2016 in Lisbon, Portugal: send your abstract until 12 of February, 2016
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS (Last Call)
International Psychological Applications Conference and Trends 2016 (InPACT 2016)
30 April to 2 May, 2016 – Lisbon, Portugal
= Important Dates =
Abstract submissions (Last Call): until 12 of February, 2016
Notification to authors (Last Call): from 9 of March, 2016
Registration and Final Submission (Last Call): until 31 of March, 2016
= Keynote Speakers =
Prof. Dr. Richard Bentall, Institute of Psychology, Health & Society, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom and Dr.ª Conceição Almeida, Psychologist, Full Psychoanalyst, Founder of the Portuguese Association of Psychoanalysis and Psychoanalytical Psychotherapy (AP), Vice-President of the Board, Member of the Teaching Committee, Portugal
= Special Talks =
“Thoughts about the Uncanny"
by Emeritus Professor Carlos Amaral Dias, University of Coimbra, Director of Instituto Superior Miguel Torga and Vice-President of the Portuguese Association of Psychoanalysis and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Portugal
and Prof. Clara Pracana, Full and Training member of the Portuguese Association of Psychoanalysis and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Portugal
and “50 Years of Professional Clinical Psychology in the United Kingdom"
by Prof. Michael Wang, Emeritus Professor of Clinical Psychology, University of Leicester, United Kingdom
= Invited Talk =
“Neuropsychoanalysis, what is it good for? How Neuropsychoanalysis can follow Evidence-Based Practice targets”
by Dr. Ana Vasconcelos, psychiatrist in SAMS – Serviços de Assistência Médico-Social do Sindicato dos Bancários de Sul e Ilhas, founding member of the Portuguese Association of Psychoanalysis and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, and member of NPA (Neuropshycanalysis Association), Portugal
= Conference Goals =
The goal for this conference is to offer a new approach to the discussion and presentation of the psychological science nowadays. We expect to engage and interact with authors and researchers from various countries, cultures and fields in the area. We provide the answer to expose new quality developments in research and theoretical findings in Applied Psychology. Some main areas are chosen and divided in more detailed sub-themes (see below), not omitting other topics regarding groundbreaking contributions that might benefit attendees at the conference.
= InPACT format =
The conference will cover many types of presentation formats, incorporating Invited Keynote Speakers, oral and thematic showcases. Among the conference materials, given to all registered attendees, a book will be published and provided with the Proceedings delivered at the conference. Other publication opportunities will also be available.
= Themes of Interest =
To develop the conference program we have chosen five main broad-ranging categories in Applied Psychology, which also covers different interest areas:
- In CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY: Emotions and related psychological processes; Assessment; Psychotherapy and counseling; Addictive behaviors; Eating disorders; Personality disorders; Quality of life and mental health; Communication within relationships; Services of mental health; and Psychopathology.
- In EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY: Language and cognitive processes; School environment and childhood disorders; Parenting and parenting related processes; Learning and technology; Psychology in schools; Intelligence and creativity; Motivation in classroom; Perspectives on teaching; Assessment and evaluation; and Individual differences in learning.
- In SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY: Cross-cultural dimensions of mental disorders; Employment issues and training; Organizational psychology; Psychology in politics and international issues; Social factors in adolescence and its development; Social anxiety and self-esteem; Immigration and social policy; Self-efficacy and identity development; Parenting and social support; and Addiction and stigmatization.
- In LEGAL PSYCHOLOGY: Violence and trauma; Mass-media and aggression; Intra-familial violence; Juvenile delinquency; Aggressive behaviour in childhood; Internet offending; Working with crime perpetrators; Forensic psychology; Violent risk assessment; and Law enforcement and stress.
- In COGNITIVE AND EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY: Perception, memory and attention; Decision making and problem-solving; Concept formation, reasoning and judgment; Language processing; Learning skills and education; Cognitive Neuroscience; Computer analogies and information processing (Artificial Intelligence and computer simulations); Social and cultural factors in the cognitive approach; Experimental methods, research and statistics; and Biopsychology.
- In PSYCHOANALYSIS AND PSYCHOANALYTICAL PSYCHOTHERAPY: Psychoanalysis and psychology; The unconscious; The Oedipus complex; Psychoanalysis of children; Pathological mourning; Addictive personalities; Borderline organizations; Narcissistic personalities; Anxiety and phobias; Psychosis; Neuropsychoanalysis.
= Types of Contributions =
All submissions are subjected to a blind-review refereeing process and are divided in these categories:
- Oral Presentations
- Virtual presentations
- Corporates can also showcase their products or services in the conference exhibitions area by contacting the secretariat or publicity email (provided below).
= Conference Date and Location=
InPACT 2016 will be held in Lisbon, Portugal, in hotel HF FÉNIX LISBOA, and will occur from 30 of April until 2 of May, 2016.
= Contacts =
Conference email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publicity email: email@example.com