SIROCCO 2016 : 23rd International Colloquium on Structural Information and Communication Complexity
Call For Papers
23rd International Colloquium on Structural Information and Communication Complexity
19-21 July 2016, Helsinki, Finland
CALL FOR PAPERS
- Submission deadline: 6 May 2016 (Friday), at 23:59, anywhere on earth
- Notification of acceptance: 9 June 2016 (Thursday)
- Conference: 19-21 July 2016 (Tuesday-Thursday)
SIROCCO is devoted to the study of the interplay between communication and knowledge in multi-processor systems from both the qualitative and quantitative viewpoints. Special emphasis is given to innovative approaches and fundamental understanding, in addition to efforts to optimize current designs.
SIROCCO has a tradition of interesting and productive scientific meetings in a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere, attracting leading researchers in a variety of fields in which communication and knowledge play a significant role.
Original papers are solicited from all areas of study of local structural knowledge and global communication and computational complexities. Among the typical areas are distributed computing, communication networks, game theory, parallel computing, social networks, mobile computing (including autonomous robots), peer to peer systems, and communication complexity. Keeping with the tradition of SIROCCO, new areas are always welcome.
Papers are to be submitted electronically through EasyChair at
Authors are invited to submit their work in one of the three acceptable formats: novel research contributions, position papers, and surveys. Original research papers must contain results that have not previously appeared and have not been concurrently submitted to a journal or conference with published proceedings. In all cases, any partial overlap with any published or concurrently submitted paper must be clearly indicated.
All submissions must be in English, in PDF format. You can use either of the following layouts for your submissions:
- Cover page + 10 pages + references, letter or A4 paper, single column, at least 11-point font, at least 1-inch margins, reasonable line spacing.
- 12 pages + references, LIPIcs or LNCS style.
Additional details may be included in an appendix, to be read at the programme committee's discretion.
The post-proceedings of SIROCCO 2016 will be published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series (LNCS) after the conference.
We will also prepare an informal pre-proceedings volume with author-prepared versions of the papers. The pre-proceedings will be freely available online on the conference web page before the conference.
Selected papers from SIROCCO 2016 will be invited to a special issue of the Theoretical Computer Science journal.
BEST PAPER AWARD
The authors of the best paper will be awarded a prize of 1000 EUR (in total, to be split among the authors), sponsored by Springer. The program committee may choose to split the award among multiple papers.
- Leonid Barenboim, Open University of Israel, Israel
- Jeremie Chalopin, LIF, CNRS & Aix Marseille Universite, France
- Yuval Emek, Technion, Israel
- Paola Flocchini, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Pierre Fraigniaud, CNRS & Universite Paris Diderot, France
- Janne H. Korhonen, Reykjavik University, Iceland
- Evangelos Kranakis, Carleton University, Canada
- Christoph Lenzen, MPI for Informatics, Germany
- Friedhelm Meyer auf der Heide, Heinz Nixdorf Institute & University of Paderborn, Germany
- Danupon Nanongkai, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Calvin Newport, Georgetown University, USA
- Gopal Pandurangan, University of Houston, USA
- Merav Parter, MIT, USA
- Peter Robinson, Queen's University Belfast, UK
- Thomas Sauerwald, University of Cambridge, UK
- Stefan Schmid, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Jukka Suomela, Aalto University, Finland, chair
- Przemyslaw Uznanski, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Keynote speaker: Yoram Moses
- Invited speakers: Keren Censor-Hillel, Adrian Kosowski, Danupon Nanongkai, Thomas Sauerwald
- Award lecture: Masafumi (Mark) Yamashita, the recipient of the 2016 SIROCCO Prize for Innovation in distributed computing
Please refer to the conference web page at http://sirocco2016.hiit.fi/ for more information on SIROCCO 2016.