FIoTA 2016 : International Conference on Future Internet and Internet of Things Applications
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
International Conference on Future Internet and Internet of Things Applications
May 25-28, 2016 | PUEBLA, Mexico
The rapid advancement of ubiquitous computation and mobile networks together are enabling technology advancements in the area of sensing, predicting and controlling of our physical spaces. Such technology advancements are nowadays deployed in a web based information creation and sharing platform to give form to what is now known as the Internet of Things. This conference is targeting academics from fields like AI, operations research, networks, multiagent systems and related. Theoretical and applied work is welcome.
The conference will also host an industrial applications track, where also blue-sky ideas are welcome.
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
- Starting 2016 and throughout 2017, CONACYT and the EU-H2020 will launch IoT related calls targeted to Mexico-EU counterparts. This conference will serve as an important meeting point to foster joint project proposals.
- Accepted papers will be published in the FIoTA Conference Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST) and will be submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- Selected papers will be published in a special issue of the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Future Internet. Authors of selected papers will have an opportunity to submit an extended version of their article for a fast track publication in ACM/Springer WINET.
- Big data applications for IoT
- Inference in sensor networks
- IoT for Robotics
- IoT and smart cities/smart grids
- IoT architectures
- IoT for Ambient Assisted Leaving
- Agent Technologies and IoT
- Advanced data capture and network
- Security of data
- Enabling technologies
- Application and services
- Societal Impacts
- Deployment of IoT systems
** KEYNOTE: Prof. Latif Ladid (Founder & President, IPv6 FORUM; Chair, 5G World Alliance; Chair, IEEE COMSOC IoT subCommittee; Chair, IEEE COMSOC 5G, Chair, ETSI IPv6 ISG (icl. 5G); Co-Chair, IEEE COMSOC SDN-NFV subCommittee; Emeritus Trustee, Internet Society)
** IMPORTANT DEADLINES
• Initial Submission: 15 December, 2015
• Notification: 25 February, 2016
• Camera-Ready: 25 March, 2016
** PAPER SUBMISSION
- Full paper length: 6 - 12 pages
- Short paper length: 2 - 4 pages
- Submissions are to be sent through the EasyChair platform: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=fiota16 following the LNICST style guidelines
- Submissions will be reviewed anonymously by at least three expert reviewers.
- Papers will be judged on originality, correctness, clarity and relevance. Submitted papers must be original work, and may not be under consideration for another conference or journal.
- Submission of the paper implies agreement of the author(s) to attend the conference and present the paper if accepted.
Accepted papers will be published in the FIoTA Conference Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST). The proceedings will be available both in book form and via the SpringerLink digital library, which is one of the largest digital libraries online and covers a variety of scientific disciplines.
The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Enrique Munoz de Cote, INAOE, Mexico
Alessandro Farinelli, University of Verona, Italy