WMSTFI-SI 2016 : Springer Annals of telecommunications Journal - SI on Wireless and Mobile Sensing Technology for the Future Internet
Call For Papers
Annals of telecommunications Journal
Impact Factor: 0.699, published by Springer, indexed in ISI and Scopus Databases
CALL FOR PAPERS
Special Issue on
Wireless and Mobile Sensing Technology for the Future Internet
Advances in wireless technologies have transformed our societies and have become an integral part of how people live and conduct business. Moreover, many of the portable computation and communication devices and personal electronic gadgets have become loaded with a variety of sensing circuitry to improve user interaction and enable context aware operation. These wireless and mobile sensing devices integrate human with their environment more than we ever thought possible. Internetworking of wireless and mobile sensing devices constitutes the concept of the future internet or the internet of things, where a large heterogeneous set of these devices are closely coupled to enable an intelligent management of many aspects of our daily activities. Example applications include environmental monitoring, health-care, smart-home, smart-grids, and smart-cities The networking of these devices not only provides a flexible and robust information gathering platform, but also greatly improves the reliability and efficiency of contemporary manufacturing, scientific and military systems. The objective of this special issue is to report on the latest research results and exciting developments on Wireless and Mobile Sensing Technology in the Future Internet (WMSTFI). Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
· WMSTFI architectures, protocols, and algorithms.
· Integration and coexistence strategies of heterogeneous wireless networks.
· Data management in WMSTFI.
· WMSTFI performance, simulation, modeling and case studies.
· Security and safety issues.
· New applications for WMSTFI.
· WMSTFI prototypes and test-beds.
· Mobility Management in WMSTFI.
· Power-Aware, Low-Power and Energy-Efficient Designs.
· QoS Management and Quality-of-Service Issues.
· MAC layer design for wireless sensor networks and WMSTFI.
· Developments platforms and tool support for WMSTFI.
· Integration of RFID and wireless sensor networks.
· Integration of IP6-based wireless sensor networks with Smartphones.
· Integration of cloud-based platforms with WMSTFI.
· WMSTFI for smart applications.
· Participatory sensing and crowd sourcing
· Machine-to-Machine communications
• Abdelouahid Derhab, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
• Mohamed Guerroumi, USTHB University, Algeria
• Mohamed Younis, University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA
All papers must be submitted at the Editorial manager site https://www.editorialmanager.com/ante/. A guide for authors in preparing their papers is available at https://annalsoftelecommunications.wp.minestelecom.fr/how-to-publish/.
During the submission process authors should identify that the paper is for the special issue “Wireless & Mobile Sensing Techno”.
• Manuscript submission January 10, 2016
• First Decision Notification April 10, 2016
• Revised Paper Submission June 10, 2016
• Final Decision August 10, 2016
• Final Manuscript Due September 10, 2016
• Online with DOI As soon as accepted
• Printed issue January-June 2017