PAAMS 2016 : 14th International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multiagent Systems
Conference Series : Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
Call For Papers
14th International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multiagent Systems
University of Sevilla (Spain)
1st-3rd June, 2016
Research on Agents and Multi-Agent Systems has matured during the last decade and many effective applications of this technology are now deployed. PAAMS provides an international forum to present and discuss the latest scientific developments and their effective applications, to assess the impact of the approach, and to facilitate technology transfer. PAAMS started as a local initiative, but has since grown to become THE international yearly platform to present, to discuss, and to disseminate the latest developments and the most important outcomes related to real-world applications. It provides a unique opportunity to bring multi-disciplinary experts, academics and practitioners together to exchange their experience in the development and deployment of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems.
PAAMS intends to bring together researchers and developers from industry and the academic world to report on the latest scientific and technical advances on the application of multi-agent systems, to discuss and debate the major issues, and to showcase the latest systems using agent based technology. It will promote a forum for discussion on how agent-based techniques, methods, and tools help system designers to accomplish the mapping between available agent technology and application needs. Other stakeholders should be rewarded with a better understanding of the potential and challenges of the agent-oriented approach.
SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE CHAIRS
Yves Demazeau (Co-Chair) - Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (France)
Takayuki Ito (Co-Chair) – Nagoya Institute of Technology (Japan)
The best demo in PAAMS 2016 will be awarded with a 2000€ price.
- A-Health. Agents and multi-agent Systems for AAL and e-HEALTH.
- ALAV. 1st International Workshop on Agents Living in Augmented Worlds.
- AMSC. Agent-based solutions for Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
- DeMaDIE. Decision Making in Dynamic Information Environments.
- CMSC. The First International Workshop on Computational Models of Social Creativity.
- CNS. MAS for Complex Networks and Social Computation.
- ISCIF. Intelligent Systems and Context Information Fusion.
- GaMAS. Workshop Games and Multi-Agent Systems.
- MASLE. MultiAgent System Based Learning Environments.
- MASGES. Multi-agent based Applications for Smart Grids and Sustainable Energy Systems.
- WOSCIA. Workshop on Smart Cities and Intelligent Agents.
CALL FOR GRANTS/AWARDS
The BISITE research group (http://bisite.usal.es) of the University of Salamanca and the IWT2 research group (http://iwt2.org/) of the University of Sevilla, organizers of PAAMS 2016, oﬀer 40 grants/awards to facilitate the attendance to doctoral and young doctors both to the event itself (including Workshops and Special Sessions) and to the parallel collocated events. More information: http://www.paams.net/open-calls/call-for-grants-awards
Submission date: 11th January, 2016
Notification date: 22nd February, 2016
Camera-ready deadline: 07th March, 2016
Conference dates: 1st-3rd June, 2016
PAAMS welcomes the submission of application papers with preference to the topics listed in the call for papers. All submitted papers will undergo a thorough review process; each paper will be refereed by at least three experts in the field based on relevance, originality, significance, quality and clarity.
The papers must consist of original, relevant and previously unpublished sound research results related to any of the topics of the conference.
All papers must be formatted according to the Springer LNCS Template, with a maximum length of 12 pages in length, including figures and references. All proposed papers must be submitted in electronic form (PDF format) using the Paper Submission Page.
Accepted papers will be included in PAAMS 2016 Proceedings, published by LNCS/LNAI of Springer Verlag.
At least one of the authors will be required to register and attend the symposium to present the paper in order to include the paper in the conference proceedings.
Special Topic of the 2016 edition: "Scalable Multi-Agent Systems"
• Agent-based simulation and prediction
• Distributed problem solving
• Agent cooperation and negotiation
• Agent societies and social networks
• Real-time multi-agent systems
• Human agent interaction, user interfaces
• Adaptation, learning and personalization
• Reputation, trust, privacy and security
• Agent engineering and development tools
• Evaluation, ethical and legal issues
• Information recovery and information systems
• Knowledge management and data intensive systems
• Intelligent control and manufacturing systems
• Embodied agents and autonomous systems
• Multi-robot systems and real world robotics
• Internet softbots and web intelligence
• Virtual agents, animation and games
• Pervasive agents and ambient intelligence
• E-learning and educational systems
• User-centered applications and assisting agents
• A-Health. Agents and multi-agent Systems for AAL and e-HEALTH.
• AMSC. Agent-based solutions for Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
• CNSC - MAS for Complex Networks and Social Computation.
• ISCIF – Intelligent Systems and Context Information Fusion.
• MASLE. MultiAgent System Based Learning Environments.
• MASGES. Multi-agent based Applications for Smart Grids and Sustainable Energy Systems.
• WIHAS. Intelligent Human-Agent Societies.
Chairs of the PAAMS 2016 Organizing Committee
Javier Bajo. Technical University of Madrid, Spain.
María José Escalona. University of Sevilla, Spain.