WHSR@Humanoids 2015 : The 10th Workshop on Humanoid Soccer Robots @ Humanoids Conference
Call For Papers
Call for Papers and Abstracts
The 10th Workshop on Humanoid Soccer Robots
15th IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots
Seoul, Korea, November 3rd 2015
Humanoid soccer has seen impressive progress in recent years.
Bipedal standard or open platforms (Nao, Robotis-OP2, NimbRo-OP,
and Thormang) make soccer robots accessible to many research groups,
advanced 3D simulation games make the investigation of team play with
complex heterogeneous humanoid robots possible, and soccer games for
larger robots are a step towards playing with humans.
The ultimate goal of this initiative is to develop a team of humanoid
soccer players - i.e. robots with human-like awareness of the game
situation, efficient and safe dynamic motion skills, and cooperation
abilities. This poses a unique set of challenges to robotics, AI, and
The workshop aims at bringing together researchers from the RoboCup and FIRA
communities, as well as other researchers interested in the subject.
The full-day program will consist of invited talks, contributed presentations,
and a panel discussion.
All contributed presentations are subject to a peer review process.
* Full papers: We solicit submissions of original, previously
unpublished research papers. Papers should be up to 6 pages in
length, formatted according to IEEE conference layout (two-column).
* Abstracts: Authors interested mainly to give a workshop
presentation may submit a one-page abstract of their presentation.
Submit your contribution through EasyChair:
## Topics of Interest include, but are not limited to:
- Behavior control architectures
- Bipedal locomotion
- Design of humanoid robots
- Dynamic motions
- Heterogeneous humanoid robots
- Humanoid-human interaction
- Motion and action planning
- Perception of the game situation
- Safe and compliant humanoid robots
- Skill and strategy learning
- Team coordination
- 3D simulation of humanoid robots
## Important Dates
- Paper submission: October 7th, 2015
- Acceptance notification: October 15th, 2015
- Final paper: October 31st, 2015
- Workshop day: November 3rd, 2015
## Workshop Organizers
- Sven Behnke, University of Bonn, Germany
- Daniel D. Lee, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Nuno Lau, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Subramanian Ramamoorthy, Univ. of Edinburgh, UK