HM 2016 : 10th International Workshop on Hybrid Metaheuristics
Conference Series : Hybrid Metaheuristics
Call For Papers
*** You are invited to submit papers to this exciting event! ***
**** PLENARY SPEAKERS: Carlos A. Coello Coello & Jin-Kao Hao
More speakers to be announced
**** SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 18th January 2016
The HM Workshops are intended to be an international forum for researchers in the area of design, analysis, and experimental evaluation of metaheuristics. Metaheuristics, such as simulated annealing, evolutionary algorithms, tabu search, ant colony optimization, scatter search and iterated local search, are considered state-of-the-art methods for many problems. In recent years, however, it has become evident that the concentration on a sole metaheuristic is rather restrictive. A skilled combination of concepts from different optimization techniques can provide a more efficient behavior and a higher flexibility when dealing with real-world and large-scale problems. Hybrid Metaheuristics are such techniques for optimization that combine different metaheuristics or integrate AI/OR techniques into metaheuristics.
HM 2016 is organized as a non-profit event.
** Paper Submission **
Authors are encouraged to submit novel and unpublished original contributions in one of the topics of the Workshop, and explain how their work sheds light on the fundamental properties of hybrid metaheuristics field, and makes progress on the important open questions. Please prepare your paper in English using the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) template.
HM 2016 includes two different types of submission:
1) *regular paper*: 15 pages maximum length in Springer LNCS format, including figures, table & references, and should report on new and unpublished work;
2) *work for oral or poster presentation only* (no page restriction; any format): It should discuss works in progress; new research ideas; works previously published elsewhere (it is essential that a reference to the previous article is clearly cited); and all that may be relevant and fruitful for soliciting discussions at the workshop.
All submissions will be subject to peer review by the program committee, and all accepted submissions are allocated either an oral presentation slot or a poster slot with no distinction being made between the submission options.
** Important Dates **
- Paper submission deadline: January 18th, 2016
- Paper Notification: February 18th, 2016
- Camer-ready papers deadline: March 18th, 2016
- Early registration: March 18th, 2016
** Proceedings **
All accepted *regular* papers will be published in a volume of the series on LNCS - Lecture Notes in Computer Science - from Springer. All the other kind of submissions (short papers, abstract of the oral presentations, poster presentations) will be published in an electronic book on the HM 2016 web site.
Significantly extended versions of selected papers from the LNCS proceedings of HM 2016 will be considered for a special issue of an indexed international journal (TBA).
** Program Committee **
** Organizing Team **
- General Chairs: Angelo Cangelosi & Vincenzo Cutello
- Program Chairs: Christian Blum, Mario Pavone & El-Ghazali Talbi
- Publication Chair: Maria J. Blesa
- Local Chair: Alessandro Di Nuovo