uSitu - 2106 2016 : 1st International Workshop on Understanding Situations Through Multimodal Sensing
Call For Papers
1st International Workshop on Understanding Situations Through Multimodal Sensing (uSitu’16)
Co-located with the 17th International Conference on Distributed Computing and Networking
Singapore Management University, Singapore, January 4-7, 2016
The uSitu’16 invites submission of previously unpublished full papers on recent developments or visionary approaches to utilize social sensing approaches to better understand environments. The workshop aims to draw together academics and professionals of all disciplines and backgrounds to discuss the key problems in these areas, and explore methodologies, technologies and tools for addressing them.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
· Social, physical, participatory, and pervasive sensing for situational understanding
· Information credibility and relevancy for QoI and VoI
· Stream reasoning for efficient reasoning
· Distributed and multimodal fusion for insight generation
· Detecting and reasoning about conflicts in information
· Modelling trust and provenance in information and sources
· Knowledge discovery, representation, and reasoning for insights
· Computation at the edge to increase the local understanding
· Data-to-Decision frameworks situational understanding
· Signal processing for dynamic information networks
Manuscripts must be 6 pages and formatted in accordance with the ACM author guidelines. The ACM LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates, as well as related information, can be found at the ACM website (https://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates).
Please submit you paper using EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=usitu16
The workshop proceedings will be published in the ACM Digital Library.
· Workshops Papers due by: 12th October 2015
· Workshops Paper notification due by: 13th November 2015
· Workshops camera ready due by: 27th November 2015 (Hard Deadline)
· Author registration due by: 27th November 2015 (Hard Deadline)