QoMEX 2016 : Quality of Multimedia Experience
Conference Series : Quality of Multimedia Experience
Call For Papers
8th International Conference on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX 2016)
6-8 June, 2016, Lisbon, Portugal, www.qomex2016.org
Call for Papers
The 8th International Conference on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX 2016) will be held in June 2016, in Lisbon, Portugal. It will bring together leading experts from academia and industry interested in the evaluation of multimedia quality and user experience. QoMEX 2016 will address theory and applications of measuring the quality of user experiences, based on both objective and subjective psychophysiological approaches. The program will include presentations of novel research theories, applications and results in lecture, poster and plenary sessions, as well as special sessions organised by internationally recognised experts in the area.
General Chair: Fernando Pereira, IST-IT, Portugal
Technical Program Chairs: Klaus Diepold, TUM, Germany; Maria Paula Queluz, IST-IT, Portugal; Ulrich Reiter, TH-KOELN, Germany
Special session submission: January 22, 2016
Full paper submission: March 4, 2016
Full paper notification: April 15, 2016
Short paper submission: April 22, 2016
Short paper notification: May 9, 2016
Camera-ready submission: May 13, 2016
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Quality of Experience (QoE) Fundamentals: Understanding experience and quality; quality beyond MOS; quality, user satisfaction and acceptance; QoE factors, features and models; QoS versus QoE; lessons learned.
• Audio/Visual User Experience: Objective and subjective quality evaluation of speech, audio, image, video, multimedia; spatial/3D audio and stereo/multi-view/plenoptic visual quality; psycho-physical modelling; quality-centered processing, compression and transmission; perceptual optimization.
• QoE in Graphics & Rendering: (Non-)photorealistic rendering; special effects; virtual/augmented/mixed realities, gaming.
• Sensory User Experiences: Quality of haptic systems, taste, smell and touch; methods for sensory user feedback; quality metrics for ambient and sensory experiences; novel sensory interfaces; multisensory interaction.
• QoE for Interactive and New Imaging Systems: New immersive systems; tele-conferencing/tele-presence; multimedia-based group interaction; multimedia Web search/browsing; panoramic, plenoptic and pathological imagery; holographic systems.
• QoE for Mobile Devices: Evaluating multimedia applications and interactive experiences on mobile devices; impact of viewing conditions and device properties; adaptive user interfaces, quality of second screen applications.
• QoE-centric Network and Application Management: Distributed and central management approaches; cloud-based multimedia services; adaptive media streaming; interoperability; performance optimization; pricing and service-level agreements.
• Affective Experiences: Measurement of affective responses to multimedia, both self-reported and physiological; emotion and mood computational models; empathic multimedia engineering.
• Aesthetic Experiences: QoE as feedback for content creation, art and perception; psychophysiological affective responses to multimedia; aesthetic appeal appreciation; computational aesthetics.
• QoE and Social Media: Quality of social media experiences; multimedia experience enhancement through social media; QoE factors and social media mining.
• Reproducible QoE Research: Multimedia databases/datasets; benchmarking and certification; testing conditions and methods; standardization efforts; open-source QoE tools.
Prospective authors are invited to electronically submit their full or short papers in English, not exceeding six (6) or two (2) pages, respectively, including figures, tables and references. Papers should describe original and unpublished work on the topics of the Conference. Submitted papers will undergo a double-blind review process. At least one of the authors should register and present the paper at the Conference.
All papers will be included in the Conference Proceedings and full papers will be included in IEEE Xplore.