Springer ESD Journal 2016 : Springer Journal Special Issue on Decision Analytics in Economic and Financial Systems
Call For Papers
The Editors-in-Chief and Editorial Board of the Springer journal Environment, Systems, & Decisions announce a Call for Papers for a Special Issue of the journal that will explore the theory, methods, and practice of decision analytics in the areas of economic and financial systems.
Decision analytics may be viewed as the combined use of predictive modeling techniques (e.g., forecasting and machine learning) and prescriptive decision frameworks (e.g., optimization and simulation) to create value in systems. Recent years have seen an explosion in decision analytics applications, driven by advances in machine learning methods and computational optimization and by massive increases in the data to which these techniques may be applied. Decision analytics has long been used in the domains of economic and financial systems, with credit scoring being an example of an early success, and the clear trend is to the development of ever more sophisticated methods and applications.
The Editors-in-Chief invite submissions in the area of Data Analytics in Economic and Financial Systems. Papers are encouraged in theory, methods, and practice of decision analytics specifically to economic and financial systems, including (but not limited to) the domains of:
• Consumer and corporate credit
• Banking and real estate
• E-commerce and traditional retail
• Financial markets and trading
• Internet analytics and social media
• Supply chains and product lifecycle
Areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
• Decision theory, utility, and value of information
• Risk-based decision making
• Distributed decision-making and crowd sourcing
• Decision support systems for business intelligence
• Data mining, machine learning, pattern recognition, and statistics
• Data visualization and sense-making
• Optimization algorithms and theory
• Simulation and agent-based models
• Recommendation engines and online learning systems
• Forecast decision systems
• Autonomous agent systems
• Sensor-driven analytics
• Sentiment analysis
• Text analytics and natural language processing
Contact Details & Schedule
Inquiries regarding this Call for Papers should be directed to the Guest Editors for the special issue:
Dr. Qifeng Qiao email@example.com & Prof. Peter A. Beling firstname.lastname@example.org
Please designate the ESD Special Issue on Decision Analytics in Economics and Finance.
Authors are encouraged to submit manuscripts prior to November 15, 2015. Review of manuscripts begins immediately. Manuscripts accepted for publication will be published online immediately and subsequently in the printed version of the Special Issue, expected March 2016.