CIComms_SS_KAD 2015 : 2015 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence for Communication- Special Session-Knowledge Aided Designs and Optimization in Communication and Computation
Call For Papers
IEEE SSCI 2015 South Africa
Call for Submission to Special Session on
Knowledge Aided Designs and Optimization in Communication and Computation
All current generation and ev olv ing systems are intended to solv e the complexities observed in real world situations.
One of the key attributes in these systems is the abilit y to adapt to the surroundings. The adaptiv e nature prov ided to
such systems requi res incorporation of prior kno wledge about the processes, likely outcome and the parameters
inv olv ed. As a result, application of concurrent design philosophy has become a familiar attribute in such system
topologies. It facilitates the use of the right pr ocesses in appropriate moments enabling optimal utilization of
resources while generating the best performance. It also reduces design cost and time. The prior state information
required for such designs comes from knowledge attributes prov ided in such sys tems. Incorporation of knowledge
attributes also enables design and deployment of autonomous systems. Smooth operation of autonomous systems is
becoming indispensible for their application in hazardous situations. Success and popularity of ev olv ing, emerge nt
and autonomous systems depends on the use of kno wledge aided attributes in different measures. Considerable
research has been going on in these areas including design of special architectures, cognitiv e tools, better integration
approaches etc which jus tify the formulat ion of a unifying platform for discussion, sharing of kno w -how,
documentation and disseminat ion. The primary objectiv e of the special session is to highlight the recent adv ances in
emerging areas of kno wledge aided s ystem design, soft -computing, computer v ision, communication, computational
systems and related applications.
Technical and Programme Committee
List of topics and the scope -
Topics include, but are not limited to the following:
Intelligent system design
Emerging communication and computing systems,
Computer vision, AI applications
Image matching, medical imaging
Application of intelligent applications in communication
Knowledge aided architectures
Architectures for knowledge aided applications
All areas of communication
All areas of intelligent computing
(1) LaTeX and Word Templates
(2) Manuscript Style Information
Only papers prepared in PDF format will be
Up to 8 pages, including figures, tables &
No page numbers please.
1. Prof. Nikos Mastorakis , Technical University -Sofia, Technical University - Sofia, Bulgaria.
2. Prof. Bayasgalan Zagdkhorol , Mongolian University of Science and Technology, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
3. Udayan Sarma, ITG, Korn Ferry International, Los Angeles, USA.
4. Prof. C. K. Sarkar, Jadavpur Unviersity, India .
5. Prof. Anil Mahanta, IIT Guwahati, India.
6. Prof. Malay Kishore Dutta, Am ity University, India
7. Prof. P.Venkata Subba Reddy, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, India.
8. Prof. Debatosh Guha, Institute of Radio Physics and Electronics, Kolkata, India.
9. Dr. Navajit Saikia, Assam Engineering College, India
10. Dr. Sunandan Barua, Assam Donbosco University, Assam, India
11. Dr. Mahesh Chandra, BITS Mesra, India
12. Kumaresh Sarma, Gauhati University, India
13. Hidam Kuamrjit Singh, Gauhati University, India
14. Anjan Kumar Talukdar, Gauhati University, India
15. Manash Pratim Sarma, Gauhati University, India
16. Mousmita Sarma, SpepchWareNet, Pvt Ltd, IIT Guwahati, India
17. Parismita Gogoi, Dibrugarh University, India
18. Krishna Dutta, NIT Nagaland, India.
19. Asutosh Kar, IIIT Bhubaneshwar, India
20. Manasjyoti Bhuyan, Gauhati University, India.
Paper Submission 14-Jul-15
Notification to authors 4-Sep-15
Final Submission 4-Oct -15
Early Registration 4-Oct -15
Dr. Kandarpa Kumar Sarma ,
Gauhati Univ ersity, Guwahati, India.
Department of Electronics and Communication Technology,
Gauhati Univ ersity, Guwahati -781014, Assam, India.
Dr. Kandarpa Kumar Sarma, currently Associate Professor in Department of
Electronics and Communication Technology, Gauhati University, Guwahati, Assam,
India, obtained M.Tech degree in Signal Processing from Indian Institute of
Technology Guwahati in 2005 and subsequently completed PhD programme in the
area of Mobile Communication. He has authored ten books, several book chapters,
several peer reviewed research papers in international conference proceedings and
journals. His areas of interest are Soft-Computation, Mobile Communication,
Antenna Design, Speech Processing, Document Image Analysis and Signal
Processing Applications in High Energy Physics, Neuro-computing and
Computational Models for Social-Science Applications. He is senior member IEEE
(USA), Fellow IETE (India), Member International Neural Network Society (INNS,
USA), Life Member ISTE (India) and Life Member CSI (India). He serves as an
Editor-in-Chief of International Journal of Intelligent System Design and Computing
(IJISDC, UK), guest editor of several international journals, reviewer of over several
international journals and international conferences.