ICCI 2009 : Data Mining Session @ The 8th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics
Conference Series : International Conference on Cognitive Informatics
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
Data Mining Session @ The 8th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics (ICCI 2009)
June 15-17, 2009
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
The Data Mining Session of the 8th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics (ICCI 2009) invites the submission of papers. The goal of this session is to bring together researchers and practitioners in the field of Data Mining together to addresses problems and emerging opportunities for research in the area. All accepted papers in this session will be included in the Proceedings of ICCI’09 published by IEEE CS Press and indexed by EI and DBLP. Selected papers will be published in International Journals, such as IJCINI, IJSSCI and IEEE-TSMC. Topics of interest include but not limited to:
· Theoretical foundations of data mining
· Novel data mining algorithms
· Association analysis
· Anomaly detection
· Semi-supervised and active learning approaches
· Applications of data mining
· Mining biological, text, web, spatial, temporal, semi-structured, dynamic, social networks, data streams, sensor, and multi-media data
· Privacy data mining
· High performance data mining
· Data visualization
Dr. Ping Chen
University of Houston-Downtown
Dr. Wei Ding
University of Massachusetts Boston
Submission of full papers: February 9, 2009
Notification of acceptance: March 1, 2009
Conference registration: March 24, 2009
Camera-ready paper: April 1, 2009
Conference dates: June 15-17, 2009
Paper Submission Details:
Submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition. All accepted papers in the Data Mining session will be included in the Proceedings of ICCI 2009.
1. An electronic copy of paper in PDF format in English should be submitted at (please specify that the paper is for the Data Mining session after the abstract, and send a copy to session chair through email to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org):
2. Full papers should be around 6-8 pages in length in IEEE double column format as posted at http://www.comp.polyu.edu.hk/conference/icci2009.
3. Short papers (4-5 pages) that report industrial experience, case studies, work in progress, or graduate students’ research may also be considered.
4. The Proceedings of ICCI’09 will be published by IEEE CS Press and indexed by EI and DBLP.
5. Selected papers from the ICCI'09 Proceedings will be published in International Journals, such as IJCINI, IJSSCI and IEEE-TSMC
1. Paper Format:
Format and technical information: See http://www.ewh.ieee.org/reg/7/winnipeg/links/icci/
IEEE paper reference format, example, instructions, and copyright form are available via the links.
2. IEEE PDF file verification:
Each camera-ready paper must be verified by the IEEE-compliant PDF format. No other format will be accepted in the proceedings.
3. On-line camera-ready paper uploading (after IEEE verification):
http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icci2009 (Use your existing account and
keep the same paper number.)