ICPLA 2016 : 16th International Clinical Phonetics and Linguistics Conference
Call For Papers
Call for Proposals
It is our great pleasure to announce the 16th International Clinical Phonetics and Linguistics Association (ICPLA) Conference to be held in Halifax, Canada June 15-18, 2016. You are invited to submit proposals for a presentation at the ICPLA 2016. There will be three types of presentations.
1) Panel Presentations
Panels encourage collaboration and discussion between individuals from diverse backgrounds on a single focused topic. Panels are collections of 3-5 individual oral presentations that are related to a narrowly defined topic of interest within the field of Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics. Panel sessions will typically run 90 minutes.
2) Oral Presentations
Presentations will last 20 minutes, including discussion time.
3) Poster Presentations
Posters will be set up for a whole day with a specific time period during which presenters are expected to be present at their poster.
Guidelines for Submission
Panel Presentations: Proposals should include
* Panel name
* Background information, including an outline of the panel structure (e.g., time allocated for each presentation including discussion). The word limit is 500 words, excluding references (optional, limit of 5).
* Themes and names of potential speakers for each presentation.
* All panel proposals should be submitted via http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/ICPLA2016 by September 15, 2015.
* A list of accepted panels will be posted on the website http://icpla2016.ca by September 30, 2015 and the organizer of accepted panels will be notified. The organizer of the panel is responsible for recruiting panel speakers and for deciding on the panel structure.
* Abstracts for individual panel contributions will be peer reviewed. For each presentation, an abstract should be submitted. The word limit is 500 words (excluding title and references—optional, limit of 5). These are due November 15, 2015.
Oral Presentations and Posters: Abstracts should be based on research that is completed or clearly in progress, with a well-formulated research question(s), the theoretical or methodological approach, description of the data (if the work is empirical), and results/conclusions. The word limit is 500 words (excluding title and references—optional, limit of 5). These are due November 15, 2015.
The official language of the conference is English; all posters, presentations, and abstracts must be in English.
All proposals should be submitted via http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/ICPLA2016
For more information regarding submissions, contact email@example.com.
For more information about the conference, see http://icpla2016.ca or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Panel Proposal Deadline: September 15, 2015
Notification of Acceptance of Panel Proposals: September 30, 2015
Abstract Submission (including individual panel contributions) Deadline: November 15, 2015
Notification to Authors: February 15, 2016.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Halifax in 2016!
- The ICPLA 2016 Organizing Committee
Hosted by the School of Human Communication Disorders, Dalhousie University