KDDA 2015 : Knowledge Discovery and Data Analysis
Call For Papers
Call for Papers
************** Deadline Approaching ***********************
Knowledge Discovery and Data Analysis
Nov 15, 2015 – Nov 18, 2015
ESI, Alger’s (Algeria)
KDDA’2015 is an annual leading International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Analysis. The purpose of the conference is to bring together researchers and actors from academia, industry, and government to advance the science, engineering, and technology in Data science in general.
The 1st KDDA’2015 will be held in Alger’s, Algeria. This conference will be organized by the High School of Computer Science of Oued-Smar (ESI, http://www.esi.dz). The conference will include four invited talks and regular papers.
Paper submission details:
We invite submission of high-quality papers reporting original research on all aspects of Knowledge Discovery and Data Analysis. We especially encourage submissions that promote the advancement of KDDA as a scientific and engineering discipline and submissions that bridge between different disciplines. All submitted papers will be judged based on their technical soundness, potential impact, rigor, significance, originality, repeatability, relevance, and clarity.
Papers submitted to KDDA’2015 should be original work, not previously published in a peer reviewed conference or journal. Substantially similar versions of the paper submitted to KDDA’2015 should not be under review in another peer-reviewed conference or journal during the KDDA’2015 reviewing period.
Duplicate submissions are not allowed. Authors are expected to agree to the following terms: "I understand that the paper being submitted must not overlap substantially with any other paper that I am a co-author of and that is currently submitted elsewhere. Furthermore, previously published papers with any overlap are cited prominently in this submission."
Duplicate submissions will be rejected immediately without review.
Authors are welcome to submit original contributions on all aspects of Knowledge Discovery and Data Analysis, ranging from theoretical foundations to novel models and algorithms for data mining problems in science, business, medicine, and engineering. Papers on new and emerging topics are also welcome, as are application-oriented papers that make innovative technical contributions to research.
As a rule, all the contributions will be peer-reviewed by three members of the Program Committee. All the accepted contributions will be published in the proceedings book of the conference.
Authors are invited to electronically submit original research contributions or experience reports in English. The submitted manuscript should closely reflect the final paper as it will appear in the proceedings.
Your paper should not exceed 15 pages including all text, figures, tables, and references, and be formatted to Lecture Notes of Computer Science (LNCS) Series by Springer-Verlag http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html (see Information for LNCS Authors). Only papers in PDF format will be accepted. Any submission that exceeds length limits or deviates from formatting requirements may be rejected without review. Only papers using the LaTeX typesetting system will be accepted. All submitted papers will be judged through triple-blind reviewing, where the identities of the authors are withheld from the reviewers. As an author, you are required to make a good-faith effort to preserve the anonymity of your submission, while at the same time allowing the reader to fully grasp the context of related past work, including your own. Common sense and careful writing will go a long way towards preserving anonymity. Please take the following steps when preparing your submission:
- Remove the names and affiliations of authors from the title page.
- Remove acknowledgment of identifying names and funding sources.
- Use care in naming your files. Source file names (e.g., "Alice-n-Bob.dvi") are often embedded in the final output as readily accessible comments.
- Use care in referring to related work, particularly your own. Do not omit references to provide anonymity, as this leaves the reviewer unable to grasp the context. Instead, reference your past work in the third person, just as you would any other piece of related work by another author.
The papers, in PDF format, must be submitted only electronically before the submission deadline (See Important dates). The submission site will be open from July 15, 2015. All abstracts, submissions and reviews are handled by the Easy Chair conference system (http://www.easychair.org/).
The accepted papers from this conference will be submitted for possible publication in several indexed special issues of prestigious international journals.
Distinguished papers, after further revisions, will be submitted for inclusion into a Special Issue of J.UCS journal (http://www.jucs.org/). The aim of this special issue is to select and publish papers that provide new advances and address new problems and challenges in Knowledge Discovery and Data Analysis.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Data mining foundations and theory
* Data mining algorithms (supervised, semi-supervised and unsupervised)
* Mining large-scale data
* Mining spatial and temporal data, text, web, graph, stream data, image, video, multimedia
* Applications of data mining: web, multimedia, finance, genomics, bioinformatics, social sciences and social networks
* Methods for analyzing scientific data
* Statistical techniques for big data
* Systems for large-scale data
* Big Data placement, scheduling, and optimization
* Techniques, processes, and methods for collecting and analyzing Big Data
* Parallel and distributed data mining (Cloud, MPI, Hadoop MapReduce)
* Foundational models for Big Data
* Algorithms and programming techniques for Big Data
* Big Data search and mining
* Data integration and indexing for data mining
* KDD methodology and process
* Security and privacy issues in data mining and Big Data
* Information Retrieval for digital libraries and scientific information portal
* Information Retrieval for scientific domains, e.g. social sciences, life sciences, etc.
* Query expansion and relevance feedback approaches
* Classification, categorization and clustering approaches
* Information extraction (including topic detection, entity and relation extraction)
* Recommendations based on explicit and implicit user feedback
* Abstract registration due : July 15, 2015
* Submission due : July 31, 2015
* Author notification : October 20, 2015
* Camera-ready papers due : November 2, 2015
* Conference date : November 15-18, 2015
Mouloud KOUDIL, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Yahya SLIMANI, ISAMM, Université de Manouba (Tunisia)
Fatema Si-Tayeb, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria), Chair
Karima Benatchba, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria), Co-Chair
Amina Anane, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Djahida Belayadi, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Mohamed Bellal, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Mohamed Benali, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Mohamed El Hadi Benelhadj, Université de Constantine 2 (Algeria)
Moez Ben Haj Hmida, ENIT (Tunisia)
Adel Boukhadra, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Daoud Boumazouza, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Lynda Bounif, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Lydia Bouzar, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Yacine Chalal, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Rachid Chalal, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Nassira Cherid, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Hachemi Dellys, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Riad Hadji, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Boualem Khelouat, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Leila Hamdad, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Lakhdar Laib, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Amina Lammari, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Naima Lounes, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Lila Meziani, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Fahima Nader, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Souhila Sadeg, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Mohamed El Amine Tali, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Lilia Zaouche, ESI, Oued-Smar (Algeria)
Program Committee (PRELIMINARY - To be completed later):
* Halis Altun, Mevlana University, Turkey
* Zeyar Aung, Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
* Boualem Benattallah, University of New South Wales, Australia
* Marenglen Biba, University of New York in Tirana, Albania
* Athman Bougattaya, RMIT University, Australia
* Mohand Boughanim, IRIT Toulouse, France
* Daniela Barreiro Claro, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Brazil
* Schahram Dustdar, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
* Wei Gao, Qatar Computing Research Institute, Qatar
* Mathias Gery, Université Jean Monnet, Saint-Etienne, France
* Norbert Gulke, Leibniz-FH - School of business, Hannover, Germany
* Fikret Gurgen, Bogazici University, Turkey
* Mohand-Said Hacid, Université de Lyon 1, France
* Jaap Kamps, Faculty of Humanities, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
* Bekir Karlik, Secuk University, Turkey
* Tahar Kechadi, University College Dublin Belfield, Ireland
* Alexios Kotsifakos, Software Engineer at Microsoft, Redmond, USA
* Marin Krulis, Charles University, Prague, Czech
* Chiraz Laatiri, ISAMM Manouba, Tunisia
* Alexey Lastovetsky, UCD School of Computer Science and Informatics, Dublin, Ireland
* Hoai An Le Thi, Université de Metz, France
* Antoni Lig?za, AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
* Christos Makris, University of Patras, Greece
* Donato Malerba, Università degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro, Italy
* Tanu Malik, University of Chicago, USA
* Stéphane Marchand-Maillet, University of Geneva, Switzerland
* Jean Martinet, Université de Lille 1, France
* Edgar Meij, Yahoo Labs Barcelona, Spain
* Ahmed Moussa, ENSA Université Abdelmalek Essaadi, Tanger, Maroc
* Lahouari Nourine, Université Clermont-Ferrand, France
* Petra Perner, Institute of Computer Vision and Applied Computer Sciences, Leipzig, Germany
* Jean-Marc Petit, INSA Lyon, France
* Tommi A Pirinen, Dublin City University, Ireland
* Pascal Poncelet, Université Montpellier 2, France
* Florin Rusu, University of California, USA
* Lakhdar Sais, Université d’Artois, France
* Maribel Yasmina Santos, University of Minho, Portugal
* Yahya Slimani, ISAMM Manouba, Tunisia
* Domenico Talia, Università della Calabria, Italy
* Thomas Triplet, Computer Research Institute of Montreal (CRIM), Canada
* Yannis Tzitzikas, University of Crete, Greece
* Genoveva Vargas, Solar | CNRS | LIG-LAFMIA, France
* Marco Viviani, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca / DISCo, Italy
* Can Wang, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, Australia
* Rui Wang, University of Western Australia, Australia
* Huayu Wu, Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), Singapore, Malaysia
* Yuqing Melanie Wu, Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
* Guandong Xu, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
* Osmar R. Zaïane, University of Alberta, Canada
* Mohamed Zaki, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, New York, USA
* Qin Zhang, Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
* Yanchang Zhao, RDataMining, Australia