CCS 2015 : Conference on Complex Systems 2015
Call For Papers
Please consider submitting a contribution to the Computational Social Science satellite workshop, co-located with CCS’15.
What: Computational Social Science — CCS’15 Satellite Workshop
Where: Tempe, Arizona
When: October 1 2015
Complete info: http://cssworkshop.oii.ox.ac.uk
Submission deadline: June 21 2015
Continuing an already consolidated pattern since 2013, the Conference in Complex Systems (www.ccs2015.org) hosts the satellite workshop on Computational Social Science.
The aim of this satellite is to address the question of ICT-mediated social phenomena emerging over multiple scales, ranging from the interactions of individuals to the emergence of self-organized global movements. Particular attention will be devoted to the following topics:
- Interdependent social contagion process
- Peer production and mass collaboration
- Temporally evolving networks and dynamics of social contagion
- Cognitive aspects of belief formation and revision
- Online communication and information diffusion
- Viral propagation in online social network
- Crowd-sourcing; herding behaviour vs. wisdom of crowds
- E-democracy and online government-citizen interaction
- Online socio-political mobilizations
- Public attention and popularity
- Temporal and geographical patterns of information diffusion
- User-information interplay
- Group formation, evolution and group behavior analysis.
- Modeling, tracking and forecasting dynamic groups in social media.
- Community detection and dynamic community structure analysis.
- Social simulation, cultural, opinion, and normative dynamics.
- Empirical calibration and validation of agent-based social models.
- Models of social capital, collective action, social movements.
- Coevolution of network and behavior.
Please address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org