GSAW CFP 2016 : 2016 Ground System Architectures Workshop Call for Participation - Deadline Extended to Oct. 12
Call For Papers
Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
Feb. 29–March 3, 2016
The Ground System Architectures Workshop (GSAW), now in its 20th year, provides a forum for the world’s spacecraft ground system experts to collaborate with other ground system users, developers, and researchers through tutorials, presentations, working groups, panel discussions, and a poster session.
This year’s theme is “Embracing the Rapid Rate of Change.” Ground system design is influenced by many factors which are changing at an increasing pace. Cost, schedule, and performance pressures continue to grow. Technology is providing more options for system design, but is also enabling new mission types and communications options. Many business models are being adapted to the CubeSat/smallsat and hosted payload marketplace. Considerations include reuse, standards, common services, fleet operations, enterprise support, and more. How do you plan for the future when the rate of change is faster than traditional acquisition cycles?
We are looking for presentations on how your organization is addressing aspects of this rapid rate of change and on leading-edge practices, lessons learned, and research in areas including:
• Architecture modeling and model-based approaches
• Enterprise management
• Mission assurance and risk management
• Space-ground communications
• Autonomy and automation
• Operations, fielding, sustainment, and multimission support
• Human factors, workload, and effectiveness
• Creative business and acquisition models
• Cybersecurity and information assurance
• Virtualization, “Big Data,”“Internet of Things,” and cloud
• Mobile and lightweight platforms
• Agile, crowdsourcing, and rapid system development
• Interoperability, compatibility, and standards
• Cost, schedule, and governance
Send unclassified submissions and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310.336.0454.
Send classified submissions and inquiries to email@example.com or call 891.2321.
Proposal instructions can be found at
for the following:
Plenary Presentations: Presenting a 15-minute talk describing the results of your work, progress, or case studies. Award to best presentation.
Working Groups: Leading a four-hour collaborative discussion.
Tutorials: Instructing a half- or full-day session.
Poster Session: Displaying a 30” x 40” poster.
Unclassified Session: The general workshop will be held at the hotel and will include international attendees. Presented materials will be made available on the website after GSAW.
Classified Session: We will be accepting submissions for a classified plenary session to be hosted on March 3 at The Aerospace Corporation. All attendees will be required to have a TS/SCI clearance. Presentations can be up to the TS//SI/TK//NOFORN classification level.
• Abstracts/proposals: Oct. 12, 2015 * * * DEADLINE EXTENDED!
• Notification of acceptance: Nov. 16, 2015
• Accepted presentations: Jan. 29, 2016
Presenters are responsible for ensuring that all submissions are cleared for presentation to their respective audiences. This workshop will be conducted in English.
GSAW is sponsored by The Aerospace Corporation in cooperation with:
• Air Force Space Command
• Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center
• National Reconnaissance Office
• NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
• NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology
• University of Southern California, Center for Systems and Software Engineering
• Software Engineering Institute
• Institute for Software Research, University of California, Irvine
• European Space Agency
Visit our website at http://gsaw.org/