SCC 2015 : Invitation to contribute book chapters of Springer Books (Stem Cell in the clinic)
Call For Papers
Call for Book Chapters:
Stem Cells in the clinic
Edited by Phuc V Pham, PhD., MSc.; Turken Kursad, PhD.
Book Chapters for: Stem Cells in the clinic, with 8 vols:
Vol 1: Stem Cell Processing and Bone, Cartilage Regeneration
Vol 2: Liver, Lung, and Heart regeneration
Vol 3: Brain, Spinal cord, and Muscle
Vol 4: Wound, Diabetes, and Kidney Regeneration
Vol 5: Cancer and Genetic disease Treatment
Vol 6: Safety, Ethics, and Regulations
Vol 7: Stem Cell Banking
Vol 8: Cosmetics, and Anesthetics
- Kürşad Türkşen, PhD, is a senior scientist in chronic disease at Ottawa Health Research Institute and a professor, biochemistry, University of Ottawa. Dr. Türkşen is also the Editor-in-chief for the journal Stem Cell Reviews and Reports, published by Humana Press, Editor of series for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative medicine and is an executive board member for Springer Protocols, an online database of research protocols published by Springer Science+Business Media. Dr. Türkşen studies skin cells at the molecular level hoping to develop new treatments for skin conditions, wounds, burns, and genetic skin diseases.
- Phuc Van Pham, PhD, is a senior scientist in stem cell biology and therapy at Stem Cell Institute, University of Science, Vietnam National University, HCM, VN. He is also Editor-in-chief for Biomedical Research and Therapy, and Progress in Stem Cell, hosted by Springer in Global Science Journals. Dr. Pham studies mesenchymal stem cells, cancer stem cells at cellular level to develop the new therapies based on cells and stem cells for chronic diseases and cancers.
Description and scope of the book
+ An invaluable resource for anyone working in the field of stem cells, and interested in stem cells
+ Discusses and analyze efficacy of clinical applications of stem cells from sources such as menstrual blood, adipose tissue, breast milk, uprooted decidual teeth, umbilical cord blood, bone marrow…
+ Provides evidences for clinical applications with effects and side-effects.
This book represents a major contribution to the emerging science of regenerative medicine. The book have brought together some of the most pre-eminent scientists working on regenerative medicine, using stem cells in the clinic to share information on currently ongoing work in this area that will help to shape the contours of future therapies.
This book will be an invaluable resource for both active researchers and those entering the field, included the patients and medicine doctors. The Editors truly hope that the text will act as a stimulant to professionals and clinical scientists, who may be inspired to further the work of the pioneering scientists who have contributed to this volume.
Suggested topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in hematologic malignancy
- Mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in autoimmune disease treatment
- Stem cell transplantation in cancer treatments
- Stem cell gene therapy: from the pre-clinic to the clinic
- Mesenchymal stem cell application in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and COPD treatment
- Stem cell therapy for ischemic stroke: translation from preclinical studies to clinical treatment
- Clinical Application of Adult Stem Cells for Therapy for Cardiac Disease
- Adult stem cells promote reparative neovascularization in hind-limb ischemia
- Stem cells for skeletal muscle regeneration
- Skeletal regeneration by mesenchymal stem cells
- Clinical improvement of mesenchymal stem cell injection in injured cartilage and osteoarthritis
- New strategies in femoral head avascular necrosis treatment with stem cells
- Stem cell therapy for spinal cord injury
- Clinical applications of stem cells in neurological degenerative diseases: preliminary results
- Stem cell treatment in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Stem cells in liver regeneration and their clinical applications
- Can stem cells can cure perianal fistulas ?
- Stem cell treatment for chronic kidney diseases
- Stem cell transplantation in diabetes mellitus type I and type II
- Stem cell applications for Rejuvenation
- The use of stem cells in dental implant site development
- Clinical applications of mesenchymal stem cells in foot ulcers and non-healing wounds
Chapter Submission Procedure
Researchers are invited to submit on a 1-2 page chapter proposal. Authors of accepted proposals will be notified March 15th, 2015 about the status of their proposals and sent chapter guidelines. Authors of accepted proposals will be sent guidelines to prepare the full chapter (7,000 – 11,000 words length). Full chapters are expected to be submitted by April 30th, 2015. All submitted chapter will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as a reviewer for this project.
This book is scheduled to be published by Springer Science+Business Media and it is anticipated to be released in 2015.
Book chapter publishing fee
Free for all accepted book chapters.
If you have any inquiries about this program, please contact us at